Lance423423, Renter in San Jose, CA

how is the renters market in san jose right now? is it a buyers or a sellers market? Is there hi supply of low income housing.?

Asked by Lance423423, San Jose, CA Sun Aug 1, 2010

specifically downtown san jose area what are the trends right now where can i research to better understand current market. do fall sjsu students create a strong demand and is there enough housing? alot a little?

Grace Keng’s answer
The renter market is hot. A lot homes could be rented faster then last year.
In general we are experiencing a buyers market. Last few of my buyers can purchase home much easier then the spring but some homes still have received mutiple offers.
I can help you if more details are given.

Grace Keng
Member of Hall of Fame
Web Reference:
Hello Lance,

I work in the San Jose Area, as well as have rentals in Santa Clara County.

Rentals, most all rentals as long as they are in good condition and at market rent, rent right away, sometimes with several applications, a few exceptions & those large apartment complexes.

The inventory as far as selling/buying for the past few months, has been with the sellers. We are selling slightly more homes than inventory coming on the market. Again a good home in good condition properly priced, will have multiple offers, and will sell for market value or slightly over. Not like before that they were selling way over market.

As far as supply, there is a good selection of homes & like I said new inventory is coming to the market just short of what is selling, but good property to chose from.

Condos/townhomes are doing ok but below the single family homes.

If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to call me, & will be happy to go into more detail with you.

Jorge E. Gosálvez
Broker Associate, GRI, SRES | DRE: 00811940
INTERO Real Estate Services
10275 N. De Anza Blvd. | Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 249-3718 Direct | (408) 904-5465 Fax |

Please send me a note or call me if you or any of your family, friends, or co-workers are looking to buy or sell real estate, or need a property manager. I am never too busy to take care of your referrals. Serving Clients Since 1981