how does one get a street light in front of one's house i live in north port 34288 lites r few and far between?

Asked by Lorraine Oquendo, 11950 Sat Sep 26, 2009

Answers

4
Jason Stevens’ answer
Jason Stevens, , Englewood, FL
Sat Sep 26, 2009
Florida Power & Light will install streetlights on its power poles upon request. You can make your request through their website at http://www.fpl.com. Also the City of Sarasota Public Works Department also maintains many of the street lights installed in City neighborhoods. You may contact them at 365-7870. There may be a charge for either business to install a street light out front so make sure you know how much.

Jason Stevens, REALTOR®, GRI, ABR
Graduate Realtor Institute
Accredited Buyers Representative
Real Estate Broker Associate
REOTrans Platinum Certified
Kevin Flynn Realty, Inc.
Cell - 941-662-0379
Home Office - 941-698-0973
Home Fax - 941-698-0973
Website: http://www.jasonestevens.com
Pineapplegib…, Home Buyer, North Port, FL
Mon Nov 27, 2017
Light on 173&41 ave all the street lights on the south is out bulbs need replacing as a p we have a lot of senior citizens in the area. Miami Garden fla. 33055
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Sep 27, 2009
Contact Florida Power and Light. If you have a light pole in the proximity of your property, you can request to have light to be installed on it. Of course, there is a monthly fee for this service but it is a common arrangement that shouldn't require an "act of congress."
Faye Doyle, , Sarasota, FL
Sun Sep 27, 2009
My husband and I got a light in front of our home, it took about two years. We had all neighbors sign a request, submitted it to the county with an attached letter explaining how many children and families were on the road, how much traffic was using the road, no sidewalks and then we just kept calling (in a nice way) until they installed TWO lights! North Port may be a bit more difficult because there are so many roads with no lights on them. I do think, however, that the process would be the same. Good luck.

Faye Doyle, LLC
RE/MAX Alliance Group
2000 Webber Street
Sarasota, FL 34239
Fax: 941-954-5455
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Website: FayeDoyle.com
Hello, Could you possibly help me. I have a 19 year son in a chemically induced coma fighting for his life. Crossing the street. At this corner is also many bus stops and no crosswalk or lights. We Are a small little owned by multiple owners own And No one wants to speak up. Well I do.. I just don't know where to start.My name is Karen Spence.My email is (akspence5@gmail.com) Thank you for your time
Flag Thu Nov 13, 2014