In My Neighborhood in 95207>Question Details

charlenecuta…, Other/Just Looking in Stockton, CA

how close is the beaches to this area?

Asked by charlenecutaia, Stockton, CA Sat Nov 12, 2011

Answers

3
I don't know why everyone is sending you to Santa Cruz and San Francisco, when we have the fabulous California Delta river beaches just a short 15 minute boat ride from such marinas as Village West Marina that is one mile off the Interstate 5 freeway... just take BENJAMIN HOLT offramp and go west one mile to Village West Marina, which also has two wonderful waterfront restaurants... Bob's at the Marina with a sidewalk cafe to watch the action of boats going in and out of the docks and bikini babes in the summer! What more could you want? Garlic Brothers is a more upscale pasta and pizza restaurant with a bar and outdoor patio to watch the boats and is across from the yacht club. There are many other local marinas where you can get a map of the Delta, or order a map on the DELTA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE website.
You are about 1.5 hours from San Francisco, about 2 hours to warmer beaches in Santa Cruz. About 2 hours also from Monterey/Carmel. We are also about 45-60 mins to the warm lakes. Snow in Lake Tahoe about 1.5 hours, Reno about 2 hours. In short, we are centrally located to everything, yet affordable. What I like aboiut the area is that this is "palm trees and swimming pool weather". I am from the central coast and it does get VERY COLD there...now I float in my warm pool enjoying my tropical waterfall and palm trees!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011
From there you would be about 2 hours to Rodeo Beach and China Beach. Here is an article about beaches in the area that may help you out.