hi we are interested in moving to this area from the UK, and wanted to know if there is any help and advise for moving from overseas....loving the

Asked by Nicoa Lewis, Outside U.S. Tue Sep 22, 2009

montville area but is there another similar area that has any ex pats?

Answers

15
Lynda Hester…, Agent, Kinnelon, NJ
Wed Sep 23, 2009
Sorry Nicoa,
My answer came up as another associate because she was logged on! My husband works for ESPN also and this is a great area to live and the schools are excellent! I'm a relocation agent with a large real esate firm in this area and would be pleased to talk to you about finding your new home.
Lynda Hester-D'Orio
Broker-Sales Associate
Relocation Expert
973-768-1888
Angela Joseph, , Kinnelon, NJ
Wed Sep 23, 2009
Hello Nicoa!
I live and work in this area of Montville and Kinnelon and would be pleased to help you learn more about this area, the schools, lifestyle, pricing and other advise. My husband works for CNN, HBO and ESPN also! He commutes easily from this area. I'd love to talk with you further, please feel free to reach out to me.
My phone number is: 973-768-1888 and my e-mail is wildnjlhd@aol.com.
Lynda Hester-D'Orio
Broker-Sales Associate
Relocation Specialist
Weichert Realtors
Linda Licast…, Agent, Montville, NJ
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Hi Nicoa,

I have dealt with relocations. I have lived in Montville for over 20 years and know the area well. I can refer to may different vendors who can make your move as smooth as possible. I would be happy to help you learn more about the areas schools, parks, transcportation and lifestyle of the resident in Montville.
Lynda Hester…, Agent, Kinnelon, NJ
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Hello Nicoa
I am working with ex pats now and have helped them settle into a very nice community here in NJ - I would be happy to connect you with them so you can discuss what they have found- there are groups in NJ and New York that you may be familiar with who can offer great advice. As a Top realtor here in Kinnelon, right me t door to Montville, I can assist you with your house showings, negotiations and give you am overview of buying or renting homes here. If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out . I look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference:  http://Lyndadorio.com
Gary Nagurka, Agent, Pine Brook, NJ
Thu Mar 21, 2013
I live in Montville Twp and can help you find something in that area.
Gavin, , New Providence, NJ
Tue Oct 13, 2009
Hi Nicola,

I live in New Providence, NJ. We are native US citizens, but met UK Expats through our children. Thus, we have tapped into the expat community. There is a large expat community in Chatham, NJ. Chatham is divided into two towns, Chatham Township and Chatham Boro. The Boro is more densely populated and is walking distance to the NYC train line. The Township has larger properties but no train line. Both towns can be a little pricey. New Providence is a cheaper alternative to both of them.

Good Luck,
Gavin
Carlo Siracu…, Agent, Morris Plains, NJ
Sun Oct 4, 2009
Hello Nicoa,
I manage one of the largest real estate branches in Central Morris County. We are a full service brokerage firm that will be able to accommodate all of your needs. Visit my web site when you have a moment. and send me an email or call for further details.

Carlo Siracusa
Dawn, , Montville, NJ
Wed Sep 30, 2009
Hi Nicoa,

You sure have a journey ahead of you. It's so hard to pick a town to live in! There are so many aspects to think of. What I will tell you is that I looked for a home for 4 years before buying in Montville. I wanted to live in a place that was community-oriented, commutable to NYC, had great schools and was out of the 'rush' areas that are found closer to the city. I found all this and more! The township recreation department is wonderful offering activities for all ages from sports to music. There are annual events like the 4th of July fair and Towaco Jazz festival. Plenty of farms host Halloween events - and it's easy to find roadside fresh vegetable stands. Yet - you are close to major highways, transit access points, shopping, etc. And the schools are wonderful!! The Changebridge development is great - has houses and townhouses in an amenity filled community (pool, clubhouse, playground, tennis courts, etc). I moved into Changebridge to accommodate my busy lifestyle and still be able to establish a network for my daughter. It's really amazing. Montville is really like no other town - and that's why it has consistently been top-rated. One thing I will note to be careful of in your search is the true commute for your husband to NYC. Many people will tell you how easy the commute is from a particular area - but until they have done it every day year after year - I would ensure their opinion is validated. Good luck in your quest!!
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Welcome to USA !

We recommend for families allow us a their agent forward published reports of area and etc for their comfort level an education make a sound business decisions on a home purchase.

GOOD LUCK !

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Sharon and K…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Dear Nicoa,

My partner Sharon Avram and I (Karen Abramson) just finished working with a client who is moving back from Paris France. He arrived here for a week and bought a house. We also worked in the past with another International client from Kosavo who came for a weekend and bought a condo in Montclair. Our office located in Livingston but we cover all of Essex, Morris, Passaic and Union counties as well.

We are very Internet savvy and very dedicated to our clients and work very hard in advance to make it easier on our International buyers when they arrive.

We would love to be of any assistance to you and your family. I am attaching a link to what our French client wrote about us just before he left back to Paris this weekend.

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/from_France_to_NJ_w…

You can reach us directly to our cell phones
Sharon - 201.738.3158
Karen - 917.294.0356
or our email - Sharonandkaren@prudentialnewjersey.com
Also check our webpage for some more information about who we are and how we work.

I (Karen) live in North Caldwell and very familiar with the town of Montville.

Sharon and Karen - Your Real Estate Connection!
50 E. Mt. Pleasant Ave.
Livingston, NJ 07039
Office 973.992.6363 ex. 142
Nicoa Lewis, Both Buyer And Seller, Outside U.S.
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Thanks to you all so far, we are moving as my husband will be working for ESPN near NYC, so he needs to be near NYC but i will be at home with two small children. we need to near good schools and a nice green community....even though we ofcourse want to embrace the new culture and neighbours, it would be nice to be near some ex pats...
Janet Ellis, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Tue Sep 22, 2009
This is a great time to come into our area because there are many good values in almost every town. You will find that we have healthy ex pat populations throughout Morris and Somerset Counties, of many nationalities, because of the many multi-national companies. British citizens can be found in every town. I just closed with a couple from the UK in June. We looked and looked for a nice antique home with property. They finally decided the property was more important and got a house that wasn't so antique, but is charming nonetheless. So the first lesson is that what you think you will want coming from the UK may be different that what you end up chosing here . We explored a number of towns before they settled on Mendham. My first advice for you would be to first do just that. Each area has its own personality and even neighboring towns may be quite distinct. Secondly, whether or not you are or are not already aligned with a US based company, you will need to consult a mortgage advisor early on in the process. Adequately documenting your financial history can be a challenge and you will need to get that in order to know how much you should spend on a new home. Then, as with any purchase, prioritize your needs and explore critical elements such as commute and schools. You didn't say whether you would be coming here for a visit or if you are trying to do most of your search from the internet. If you can make a visit, I'd plan an area tour with the real estate agent of your choice before seeing any homes. You may dwell in a home, but your community can be at least as important to your lifestyle as your home. Finally, unless you are sitting on a lot of cash in a US bank account, you need to be sensitive to the ever-changing dollar. To nail down your cash position, put that downpayment money aside in a US institution or keep your search as brief as possible to avoid having to constantly recalibrate your buying power. Best of luck in your search!
Darlene White, , Mendham, NJ
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Hi Nicoa, Where are you moving from in the UK? My husband moved here from Swansea several years ago when we got married so I've been down this road as well.

Yes, there is an area where we have discovered a fair share of Brits. When we were looking for a place to purchase a home several years ago, we landed in Sussex County, NJ and love it. We have been surprised to find a fair share of other Brits also live here. When my inlaws come to visit, they find the area similar to the green countryside of Ireland and England. Even though this a more rural area of New Jersey, there is so much to do since its a vacation destination.

We live and I work for a golf resort in Hardyston, Crystal Springs Resort. It's spectacular with two spas, several indoor and outdoor pools, three golf courses in site (with more in the surrounding area, and continual activities. We also have a drive-in movie theatre only 20 minutes away, horse farms, wine orchards, skiing and water parks. It's really worth looking into. I can send you information about real estate here. My email is dwhite@crystalspringsbuilders.com.

As for Montville, it's a nice town. You'll pay more to live in Morris County, but depending on your price point, there are some beautiful areas. In general, you'll want to determine where you are working and how long your commute would be. Then it's easier to narrow down an area.

I'm happy to help. I can help you find a home just about anywhere in Northern New Jersey. Feel free to call or email me ay 973-418-3427.

Best Wishes,
Darlene White
Sales Associate
Mountain Resort Properties
Crystal Springs Resort
Carla Rayman, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Both Orlando and the Gulf Coast of Florida have a number of British ex-pats. The biggest question would be why are you moving? If you are emigrating, you should choose a place that you will enjoy and give you the lifestyle you enjoy. If you have children, you'll wish to consider school districts. If you are golfers, do you wish to be in a golf community or in an area that has numerous golf courses.
If you are purchasing property as an investment, you need to consider how often you might use the property and the type of return you seek. Areas such as Orlando offer a number of short term rentals where areas like Sarasota County are more geared to long-term tenants.
Have you chosen an immigration attorney yet? I'd be happy to refer you to someone who works with most of our British clientele. I would also recommend consulting with an international tax advisor to give you advice on the proper way to purchase your property to protect your assets and family in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. Carla@CarlaRayman.com

Best of luck with your venture!

Carla Rayman, Your Global Agents
Director of International Business Development
Prudential Palms Realty, Sarasota, Florida
941 724 0519
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Sep 22, 2009
Nicoa,

Our best advice is to plan a trip that would focus on getting a feel for the various options that exist in the US. There are many very desirable locations that I' sure would include ex pats.

One of the common mistakes made by buyers is relying too heavily on the opinions of others when making their decision. The best resource is still YOU. So, plan a trip, not for the purpose of looking a specific homes to purchase but one for the specific purpose of gathering information that will equip you to make the decision that is best for your needs.

Many of your countrymen have settled in south Florida and love it here. Be sure to include this location on your adventure.

Best wishes,
The Eckler team