flood zone a. is that good or bad?

Asked by Edasilva2010, Cranford, NJ Sun Jan 26, 2014

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Marilyn Holda-Fleck’s answer
Marilyn Hold…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Tue Jan 28, 2014
We've been hearing more and more recently about "elevation certificates". This provides information about a particular home and this information is being requested by insurance companies. So, knowing the zone is still important, but knowing the elevation details of the home itself is also key. Typically the current home owner would obtain the "elevation certificate" and make it available to the prospective Buyer.
0 votes
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Jan 26, 2014
Flood Zine A would, to the best of my knowledge, require flood insurance, but this would have to be verified and the amount would depend on how much of the house and/or property is in the actual flood zone.............. I have a listing, flood zone A, but only a small part of the rear corner of the home and small portion of the rear property is in the zone.....the owners pay $2500 a year for their premium. Another home I know of, also Zone A, has a premium of $3500 - so, it can vary....... you need to check with the insurance company to see what the actual premium amount would be. Elevation and the actual amount of the property located in the zone can make a difference. Just as a point of information - merely being in a designated flood zone does not mean there will be flooding/water problems - the home I have listed has never had any flooding, seepage or claims filed!
0 votes
Lorena Barbo…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Sun Jan 26, 2014
Not good or bad but it may require flood insurance. There can be a lot of history available on the home itself or the general area since we experienced 2 major storms in the last 4 years. I recently sold a home that I had listed in a flood zone in Cranford so I can help you for sure. Hope you will reach out!
I can be reached on my cell at 201-638-6528 or my email is lorena@davidrealtygroup.com
Thanks much! Lorena
0 votes
Melissa Silva, Agent, Watchung, NJ
Sun Jan 26, 2014
If in a flood area it may require flood insurance. Adding expense per month. Also some homes may be in a flood area but at higher elevation and so may not require flood insurance. Do you need help finding something? I know the areas well and would love to help you.

Melissa Silva
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
In My Neighborhood in Cranford Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more