doors at so. mi. high school should be locked to prevent skipping and it alows strangers to come in. parents shouldn't be responsible school

Asked by Tiffany, South Milwaukee, WI Thu Apr 14, 2011

needs to why arent the doors and hallways monitored. i cant babysit my son all day. the should be liable if he skips. why are the classes so long 90 minutes and they are not allowed to use the bathroom. are they in the military. i highly dislike this school.maybe the school needs to change and get off the parents backs.

Answers

1
katiesg, Home Owner, South Milwaukee, WI
Sat Jan 19, 2013
Oh, Tiffany..... It was as I expected. It is your own child that you do not want to "babysit". How about if you looked at it as "parenting" since "babysitting" is what you do when you watch other people´s children. Parenting is the term that one should use when it is their own child, which is the case here.

To answer your question: it is a fire hazard to lock all doors from the inside.
A majority of the doors are locked from the outside so that strangers can not get in. Only main entrances are open from the outside and are monitored to see who is coming in for the saftey of the students.

A school wants to work WITH parents to help the students. It is unfortunate when the school is more involved in the life of the student (and in the discipline of the student) than the child´s own parent.
South Milwaukee has a great school system with professionals who care.