does owner accept section 8 voucher if not who in santa clara county does?

Asked by Tylisha Johnson, Sunnyvale, CA Mon Apr 9, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Tylisha, I hope you were able to resolve this.

Most individual homeowners are not familiar with how this program works, so they don't participate.

Your best bet is to contact either the Santa Clara County Section 8 authorities, or alternately, contact property managers in the Sunnyvale with Homestead High area to see which of their clients may accept Section 8 vouchers.
0 votes
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Hi Tylisha:

You do need to talk with the Section 8 authorities in Santa Clara County.

they have a list of Home Owners accepting Section 8.

505 West Julian Street, San Jose, CA 95110.

Phone 408-275-8770

Good luck

Web Reference:
0 votes
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Check Craigslist, a lot of landlords posting will say if they take section 8 or not.
0 votes
Extinct, Renter, Sunnyvale West, Sunnyvale, CA
Fri Jun 22, 2012
How could a realtor assist in getting an owner to understand the benefits of renting to a housing client?
0 votes
Grace Hanamo…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Mon Apr 9, 2012
Hi Tylisha:

Thanks for your question. Typically, homeowners--unless they have experience with the local housing authority practices and rules--do not accept Section 8 housing vouchers. Although Section 8 Housing Vouchers are intended to help citizens find appropriate housing, many owners are unaware of how to use these vouchers, don't know the rules concerning section 8 rentals, and, most commonly, may have heard stories about damages caused by section 8 renters. As a result, the actions of an irresponsible few do make it difficult for those who are truly in need and will be good renters to find homes.

My suggestion is that you can always talk to landlords about accepting a renter who uses Section 8 assistance. You can also go back to the housing authority and ask them for a list of homes that do accept Section 8. The housing authority has a list of all those landlords who provide section 8 housing.

Good luck!!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty
0 votes
I should wait for an eviction so I can stay? I dont know what to do.
Flag Fri Jun 22, 2012
A broker would know more wouldnt they so thats why I need your help.can you help me. I reside in sunnyvale my kids go to cherry chase and homestead. There are homes for rent. The owners need to be made aware so I can keep my kids in school. I'm afraid to move.
My attorney said that
Flag Fri Jun 22, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more