does RC allowmother-daughter in house like this?

Asked by patde103, Rockville Centre, NY Wed Feb 8, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Eleanor Sams…, Agent, Valley Stream, NY
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Hello Patde 103

"Mother /daughter" homes exist in Rockville Center. However, the name given to the permit that was traditionally provided for this type of dwelling has changed it has been re-named the "accessory apartment permit.

Each home is unique and the laws are constantly changing. I recommend that you get in contact with theThe Rockville Center Building Department. This would be the best source to get up-to-date information for specific answers to your questions.

If you have questions on the purchase of a home in Rockville Center or it's surrounding communities please feel free to give me a call at 646 201 0564.

The Rockville Center Building Department is open:
Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. - 9:15a.m. & 11:30a.m. - 12:45p.m.
Calls to the Plans Examiner will only be accepted during the hours of 8:00a.m. - 9:15a.m. & 4:00p.m. - 4:30p.m. at
516-678-9247. The Building Dept. is located on 110 Maple Ave.
You can click the link to land on their website.
0 votes
Judy Hart, Agent, Rockville Centre, NY
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hopefully, you've gotten your answer by now, but it requires a permit. We currently have several legal two family homes for sale & a beautiful Hi-Ranch which would be perfect for a mother/daughter. These properties are on our website:
0 votes
First Last, , 90002
Thu Feb 9, 2012
I lived in Rockville Centre for years, just call the building department and they will happily tell you.

Karla Harby
Lic. Real Estate Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg LLC
212-688-1000 x146
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more