does RC allowmother-daughter in house like this?

Asked by patde103, Rockville Centre, NY Wed Feb 8, 2012

Answers

3
Eleanor Sams…, Agent, Valley Stream, NY
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Hello Patde 103

"Mother /daughter" homes exist in Rockville Center. However, the name given to the permit that was traditionally provided for this type of dwelling has changed it has been re-named the "accessory apartment permit.

Each home is unique and the laws are constantly changing. I recommend that you get in contact with theThe Rockville Center Building Department. This would be the best source to get up-to-date information for specific answers to your questions.

If you have questions on the purchase of a home in Rockville Center or it's surrounding communities please feel free to give me a call at 646 201 0564.

The Rockville Center Building Department is open:
Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. - 9:15a.m. & 11:30a.m. - 12:45p.m.
Calls to the Plans Examiner will only be accepted during the hours of 8:00a.m. - 9:15a.m. & 4:00p.m. - 4:30p.m. at
516-678-9247. The Building Dept. is located on 110 Maple Ave.
You can click the link to land on their website.
Judy Hart, Agent, Rockville Centre, NY
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Hopefully, you've gotten your answer by now, but it requires a permit. We currently have several legal two family homes for sale & a beautiful Hi-Ranch which would be perfect for a mother/daughter. These properties are on our website: century21sherlockhomes.com.
First Last, , 90002
Thu Feb 9, 2012
I lived in Rockville Centre for years, just call the building department and they will happily tell you.

Karla Harby
Lic. Real Estate Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg LLC
Manhattan
212-688-1000 x146
kharby@crrnyc.com