can you park boats and trailers on property? what is property tax and personal property tax?

Asked by Shirley Harmon, Tampa, FL Tue Sep 13, 2011

Answers

4
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Wed Sep 14, 2011
Hi Shirley,

If the property is part of a Homeowners Association you will have to comply with the current governing rules for that association. Many parts of 33615 are not in restrictive HOAs but some are so your Realtor can help give you the best advice if you want to park a boat in your yard or driveway.

If you know the community you hope to live in, send me an email and I may already have a copy of the HOA docs for you to review.

Alma
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Hi, could you tell me if you can park an RV on Southwind Lake Drive Gibsonton, Florida 33534 please and thank you, my email is dejablue_girl@yahoo.com
Flag Sun Sep 11, 2016
Cynthia Ryan, , Tampa, FL
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Cynthia Ryan
Broker
Tampa, FL
813-735-3283 Cell
..BEST ANSWER
You can park boats and trailers on property unless you live in an area that has deed restrictions that prohibit it. Property taxes are charged from the county where you reside. The county operates off a budget which is discussed in an open forum and then published. Property taxes are used to pay for the budget which includes items like roads, schools, police department, fire department and other gov. operations. It changes based upon the location and it calucated in mileage rates shown on the tax rolls for each property.

As far as the personal property taxes, I used to own a bed and breakfast and I had to pay a personal property tax on the furniture owned by the business.
I pulled this information off http://dor.wa.gov/docs/pubs/prop_tax/persprop.pdf
Personal Property Tax
Most people know that property tax
applies to real property, however,
some may not know that property
tax also applies to personal property.
Most personal property owned by
individuals is exempt. For example,
household goods and personal
effects are not subject to property
tax. However, if these items are used
in a business, property tax applies.
Personal property tax does not apply
to business inventories, or intangible
property such as copyrights and
trademarks.
I would be glad to assist you looking for a home if neeed.
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Hi Shirley,

GIve me a call or send me an email about the area of Town N Country or Upper Tampa Bay (West of Sheldon) you are considering. I should be able to give you a correct answer.

Also certain areas of Town N Country (i.e. Bay Crest) have very expensive flood insurance.

If you're not already working with a Realtor, I (or one of my experienced associates) will be happy to assist you in your home search.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Westchase Office
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Lynn Brock, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Sep 13, 2011
Shirley Harmon, frankly your question is a bit vague. Zip code 33615 covers a large area. Defining where you live as "my neighborhood" could be anywhere.

i just searched for properties for sale in Hillsborough county zip code 33615 with NO DEED restrictions. Eight currently listed properties popped up. If "your neighborhood" is in one of these No DEED restricted areas and there are no local ordinances regarding the parking of boats or trailers it may be possible to park your recreational vehicles.

To check the rules and regulations, contact the management company that handles "your neighborhood" and also call the local municipalities for their guidelines. When you purchase(d) your property you should have received the covenants, rules & regulations and declarations outlining these matters. If you received these documents and did not take the time to read them anticipate that your answers are contained within those pages.

Property tax refers to the taxes levied on a property by the local government. This is typically assessed in millage. Typically, the local governments mail out their "trim notices" depicting the 2011 property taxes due for each property. Personal tax refers to taxes on your income.