Marjorie Ger…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

can one rent for 1 month ?

Asked by Marjorie Gerbolini, Houston, TX Fri Jan 20, 2012

Answers

6
Nelly Stone, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Jan 20, 2012
Sorry, 1 month rent is available in this building (other units) but for higher price - $3,500/month. Would you be interested?
Chris Schill…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Great Question Marjorie,

One thing that seems to be overlooked in the buying and selling process is the ability for a temporary residential lease by either the buyer or the seller in a real estate transaction.

For instance, the seller needs some extra time to vacate the property....and doesn’t want to do it prior to closing. For instance, what happens if they move out and the closing doesn’t happen? They can request to have time through an agreement to sell and then lease back the property for up to 90 days. Ask your agent to show you "Sellers Temporary Residential Lease" Form TAR-1910

In some rare cases, the buyer can also have a temporary residential lease. There is a form promulgated by the Texas Real Estate commission for the buyer to be able to lease prior to closing & funding the sale for up to 90 days. Generally the seller does not want the buyer to occupy the property prior to closing, but there are some valid reasons for it. For instance, if the buyer closed on Friday afternoon, but closed too late in the day for funding to take place. In order for them to take possession on the property (get the keys), the seller can allow the buyer to move in over the weekend with this temporary lease while the parties wait for funding to happen on the first bank work day after the weekend. We have seen closings happen and the following Monday fall on a National Holiday where the banks are closed. This would push funding of the closing into Tuesday.....You would use the "Buyers Temporary Residential Lease" TAR Form 1911

Ask your agent for some ideas and if your situation falls into a category that you could use one of these options the next time you buy or sell.

If you liked my answer, please give me the "Thumbs Up" and reward me by designating me as the "Best Answer"!
Thanks!

Respectfully,

Chris Schilling, ABR, GRI, CRS, GREEN
Real Estate Broker
Turbo Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.turborealty.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Hi, Absolutely...it just depends on the landlord.

Chris
Kathleen Ham…, , Houston, TX
Fri Jan 20, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Marjorie !

I can help you locate a short term rental but if you have to be out of one home to wait till the new home is built then a short term hotel/motel that offers suites and is convenient to your work/new home is what I would advise. If you are looking for a new home call me and I will assist you in your efforts to make the transition as quickly as possible. Have a terrific weekend. Kathleen (281) 799-4002
Jane Lindsey, Agent, Bunker Hill Village, TX
Fri Jan 20, 2012
Yes, but the price would go up substantially. It would be cheaper to rent at Extended Stay America or even a hotel.
Web Reference:  http://lot22.net
David Compan…, Agent, The Woodlands, TX
Fri Jan 20, 2012
Dear Marjorie,
The vast majority of landlords are not willing to rent for one month. A vacant rental home has just experienced the departure of a tenant, and the landlord has incurred costs - in time and money - to clean up, renovate, and prepare the property to be rented again. These investments are best recouped over at least a several month period. If you find a home you like but the landlord is unwilling to rent for one month, you might consider offering the landlord a higher payment for the single month to defray certain costs.
Otherwise, you might inquire at local hotels/motels and apartment complexes and inquire about 1-month rent.
David Companik
(936)349-7075
Facebook.com/DavidCRealEstate
Web Reference:  http://davidcompanik.com