In My Neighborhood in 85746>Question Details

Arlene Prince, Home Buyer in Kingman, AZ

are there high crime in this area?

Asked by Arlene Prince, Kingman, AZ Sun Dec 30, 2012

The Pima County Sherrif' Department's website also contains a crime map which is color coded by type of crime. You can also filter by type of crime or date range.
Trulia's got a great crime mapping feature. I've embedded it into my website for my clients to access:

The map also shows other really helpful information on school ratings, commuting times, local amenities, housing affordability, basic demographics, and possible hazards. Pretty useful tool in my opinion. Send me a message if you're interested in a particular area of Tucson -

Benjamin A. Schutt, Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
Log on to Tucson and Pima county web sites to get this information as Realtors are not allowed to comment on this subject. That could be construed as red-lineing and is illegal. Good luck
Realtors cannot give you information about good or bad neighborhoods or crime stats, as anything they say could be considered STEERING a client into or out of an area and this is against the law!
Therefore for any of these kinds of questions Realtors can only recommend what you can or need to
do on your own, visit the police station and ask, there are usually crime reports on the internet,
once you are interested in a certain area, neighborhood, suburbs etc. then drive through it at different times of the day and days of the week to get a feel for the area, and to see if you would like living there.
Also remember every buyers needs are different, what they need in schools for their children is different, and what they consider a good or bad neighborhood even that is different for different
clients, so be diligent and do your own research and good luck to you...

The internet sites and the local police dept. will give you the answers to your above question.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, or Check out my website at
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
In my location in Northwest Tucson, I am located in a custom home area with a minimun of 3.3 acres.

It is best you check out this area through the public records report, but as far as my last 5 years, in this area i can not recall any crimes and my area code is 85742
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Hi Arlene,

Zip code 85746 is southwest of downtown Tucson and north of the Tohono O'Odham Reservation. East of the Santa Cruz River is served by the Tucson Police Department.

You can find a wealth of information at the Tucson Police Department website.

Look in the column on the right toward the bottom. Find the bar that says "Most Popular". Under that, click on "View Statistics and Maps".

The map on the next page isn't as useful as scrolling down to the bottom of the page, under "Tucson Crime Information". Under that, click on "Interactive Crime Statistics". From there you can enter the street address, dates, type of crime, and many other criteria.

West of the Santa Cruz River is Pima County, served by the Pima County Sheriff's Department. You can check Pima County crime statistics here:

Real estate agents are not required to discuss certain aspects of real estate like crime statistics, presence of sex offenders, whether a murder or suicide occured in a house, whether the school district is good, the racial makeup of the neighborhood, etc. In some cases, we are prohibited from discussing these things, and we refer you to the source of information so you can do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

If you are thinking of moving to Tucson from Kingman, and want to know everything about a neighborhood, just walk around it and ask the neighbors. They will be more than happy to give you all the dish. If you don't find anyone walking their dog or working on their house or playing with their kids at the park, that might also tell you something.

Donna Moulton
Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
This was really helpful to me Donna, I have looked before for the crime statistics and was not able to access the information so your clear instructions should be helpful and I will keep them handy.
Flag Wed Jan 2, 2013
Hello Arlene,
I suggest that you contact the local police in Kingman to hear first hand what the crime rate is and the types being committed. They are your best accurate source.
Below, is the link to the Kingman police department and also a web site that has information on crime activity that might also be helpful to you:

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty