58 year old widowed female. Too old for Manaynk?

Asked by Ssenkyr, Havertown, PA Sun Sep 5, 2010

Answers

7
Larry Lichtman’s answer
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Mon Sep 6, 2010
Hi Ssenkyr,

Definitely not too old for Manayunk. At 58, you're still young! You'll find many places to meake you feel very comffortable in the Manayunk neighborhood of Philadelphia. Depending on your budget there are also many other great neighborhoods you may enjoy exploring.

Please feel free to call me. I'd be happy to give you a tour of some nice areas in Manayunk and other areas if you would like. Have a great week.

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Direct CELL (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com
jfoproject, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Feb 24, 2013
you are as old as you feel. also a widow, here's some food for thought.
Manayunk is hilly. Do you have any physical limiations that working hills is a problem ?
Winter ice and snow, get someone to clear for you, or will you take care of it ?
Myself staying around the young, can make you feel young, is that what you want
ditto the rent for a year, thought interests rates are so low your wasting 8-10K.
Get an experienced realtor, the younger realtors don't really know this area, your not the person to take on their learning curve
Jack Mcmahon, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Feb 21, 2013
I'm 61 and I love Manayunk. I go anywhere and do anything.. It is basically a college town with mostly 20 to 30 age range. The kids don't go to the good restaurants so it's cool and it you want to dance and let your hair down you're actually invisible to the them. Awesome place to live.

Jack
Peter Lavelle, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Sep 6, 2010
You are only as old as you make yourself. Manayunk has quite a bit to offer.
Kahlia Rhodes, Agent, Cityscape, PA
Mon Sep 6, 2010
I would rent for a year to see if you like the area also do some research and ask around dont relay on the realator most of us dont work at night for safety so my advice to you is to drive by at night before you purchase that nice home in a bad area
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi Ssenkyr. ARE YOU KIDDING? Too old for Manyunk? No way. It's totally cool and you'll love it. There is no such thing as too old for this 'hood. You'll love the shops, restaurants, nightlife. If you don't want to buy, then go rent for a year first!

Timothy sounds like the perfect tour guide/agent to help you find somehting cool.

GOOD LUCK!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
p.s. Philly's my city.
Timothy Garr…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi, Ssenkyr.

Having lived in the Manayunk area for almost 10 years, it's my professional opinion that Manayunk offers plenty of options for all different types of people. If you would like to tour the area and look at some different options, please let me know how I can help.

Lots of luck!

Tim
tgarrity@brownmckinney.com
Web Reference:  http://brownmckinney.com