Smithknaj3, Renter in Joliet, IL

Yes i will be moving to the area in Febuary with my 14 yr old son.And i would like to know about the Economy there.And schools and overall area..If

Asked by Smithknaj3, Joliet, IL Sun Sep 4, 2011

anyone can give me some info i would appreciate it.Keep in mind we will be visiting soon so we can take a look see.However with others that already live there and have for along time even for a short time Ya'll could tell me better.
Thank you.
Kimberly..

Answers

5
Cathy Wildung, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Hi Kimberly,
The economy is much better here than in many other parts of the country, maybe because the Twin Cities is the corporate headquarters of companies such as General Mills, Target, Medtronic, Best Buy, 3M, etc. There are also some award winning schools. Check out my website for more local area information.
Mary Leizing…, Agent, Eden Prairie, MN
Tue Apr 8, 2014
Our unemployment levels in the metropolitan area are about 5% vs. 6.7% nationally. We have a diverse economy that tends to shield us a little better than other states with more of a boom/bust economy.
Peace,out,ch…, Home Owner, Minnesota
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Cathy I have lived in Minnesota my whole life. I lived in West Brooklyn Park until 1975. Then moved to East Brooklyn Park until 1986. Then moved by Crystal Airport until 1987. Then moved to Brooklyn Center 63rd and Humbolt Ave. until 1988. Then moved to North Champlin area to raise kids until 2000. Then moved to Big Lake area to finish raising kids. This has been a good place to raise kids. Hopkins can have problems if your by the red road that takes you around Lake Calhon. Minnetonka area I am not to sure about but I know it is very costly to live in that town. My Sister has a friend who has lived there for years. So I have just been saying what I know about the areas around. I'm someone who is not looking to make money but to just say it as it is.
Peace,out,ch…, Home Owner, Minnesota
Fri Dec 30, 2011
You could do fine with the money in Mpls. But to raise a teen son is not a good idea to bring him there. He will be jumped into a gang and you'll have many problems with him. There is a new train that goes from Big Lake to Mpls and many stops in the middle. Some of them towns are much more better for raising a teen in and still you'll have a train to bring you to work in the cities. I think I would check some of the towns out. Plus they are cheaper to live in than the city. Some of the towns on or around the train I would check out would be : Anoka, Coon Rapids, Andover, Champlin, Ramsey, Elk River, Big Lake, Becker, or Monticello. These are areas that have not gotten bad.
Cathy Wildung, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Fri Dec 16, 2011
The economy in Minneapolis, Minnesota is better than the nationwide average. We have the headquarters of many international corporations situated here - General Mills, Honeywell, Cargill, 3M, Carlson Companies, to name a few. Several of our school districts have schools rated among the highest in the nation, also. Perhaps you could look at a map of the surrounding areas of where you will be working and do some research on those areas. If you would like to contact me, I can help you.
Web Reference:  http://www.cathyabboud.com