Would someone please help me. Im buying property for the first time in Atlanta. I only have about 8 thousand

Asked by Farrakhan, Atlanta, GA Fri Aug 21, 2009

now and another 10 thousand to invest into the house for repairs but i really dont want to make a mistake. Does anyone have advise or help?

Answers

12
Solomon Gree…, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sat Aug 22, 2009
Farrakan,

Well it looks like you've got several options from the posts below. I don't know how familiar you are with Trulia, so please allow me to share one of the benefits. Click on the names of the agents and view their profile. There you'll find answers they've posted to many questions, their blog posts and more allowing you to arrive at some level of understanding about their specific specialties.

Click my profile and you'll see that I work extensively with first time home buyers, helping them protect and save their own money by using the down payment assistance programs available locally. A few of my clients have recently obtained up to $14,000 in down payment assistance to help them buy their first home, have also already received their federal tax credit of up to $8,000 and are poised to obtain an additional $1,800 in state tax credits over the next three years. Further, their 401(k) was never touched while they bought their home.

Look any idiot can ride you around Atlanta and show you houses, but several highly specialized and experienced agents have responded to your inquiry here. I welcome the opportunity to serve your real estate needs as well. Please read over the blog below to find out more about how down payment assistance can work for you.

Regards
Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / HUD-Certified Affordable Housing Counselor - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
Chuck Green, Agent, Norcross, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Dear Farrakhan:
You first two steps are to find a real estate professional and strong lender to get you approved for a loan.Once you have accomplished those two tasks it will be time for you to go out looking at property that meets your needs and desires based upon your income and lifestyle. By lifestyle I mean being able to continue to enjoy your entertainment, recreation, and family choices. Some people buy to much home and have to change what they enjoy doing most. If I can be of help to you please do not hesitate to call me at your earliest convenience at 678-578-2788 or 770-714-7077.

"Serving Atlanta's Real Estate Needs Since 1984"

Chuck Green, Realtor
chuckgreen@kww.com
Web Reference:  http://chuckgreen.com
James Dudley, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Have you considered purchasing a HUD home? You can get a great price and incentives when buying a HUD.

You can buy a HUD using the $100 down program and keep your cash close at hand for repairs or other unexpected expenses.

Feel free to contact me for more information about HUD homes.

James Dudley
ERA Sunrise Realty
678-781-7418
Mike Penning…, Agent, Woodstock, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Great Answer Sally! I love being a part of your round-table.
Web Reference:  http://maxsell.net
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Fri Aug 21, 2009
I agree with David that you should retain a Buyer's Agent.

Once you retain a Buyer's Agent, the next important move is to obtain a free Loan Pre-Approval from a lender. This will help you decide how much you want to invest in buying your new home. The lender will tell you the maximum motgage you can afford. However, make sure you don't become house rich & cash poor. You may not want to use the maximum mortgage you can afford, because you need funds to live on & to be prepared for emergencies.
Sally W. Ham…, , Atlanta, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Farrakham,

Do you have a lender yet? You need to find out what you will qualify for in a loan amount and the type of loan that will best server your needs. I can be of service to you for the loan. I have a exclusive Round Table organization with 60 Realtor members who can serve your real estate needs from one end of Georgia to another. I would be glad to refer you to one or two who can certainly answer your questons and represent you as you search for a home.

Sally W. Hamby
The Sally Team
Mortgage
404 644 7696
Bill Piper, , Atlanta, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Don't put the cart before the horse. Get a Realtor first, then look for the home. No body on ths board can be of any real help to you, because there are too many questions to b answered. Find a Buyers Agent that knows the area you want to look in.
David McEach…, Agent, Peachtree Corners, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Definitely to avoid wasting time and making errors you need the help of a full time realtor experienced in working with first time homebuyers. It is important to have an agent who can take you from a first meeting to the closing table and have the team behind him to assist you. Right now is a great time to buy in that you could be eligible for the first time home buyer tax credit but that window of opportunity is closing quickly. If you could use my services I would be more than glad to assist you.

David McEachern
Keller Williams Realty Chattahoochee North
404-406-638
http://www.dmceachern.com
Sally W. Ham…, , Atlanta, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Mike Pennington --you are a great member of Round Table. I love to refer you.

Sally W. Hamby
The Sally Team
Mortgages
404 644 7696
Jennifer Mac…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Make your buying process less stressful by calling me for a buyer's consultation. My office has a whole staff ready to assist you with this investment with professionals from lenders, attorneys and of course me, the Real Estate Pro.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Jennifer Macie
678-775-2610
Rick Payne As…, Agent, Norcross, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Hello Farrakhan,

Give me a call at 678-427-5512 and we can discuss. To learn more about me as a realtor visit my website at http://www.rickpaynesold.com. Especially, preview my cover page " About Me " and the other Value Added information on my website.

I look forward to hearing back from you in the neasr future.

Best Regards Rick payne
Keller Williams realty
Web Reference:  http://www.rickpaynesold.com
Stacey Wyatt, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Farrakhan,

I would first search out and find a full-time professional Realtor that can provide guidance down the path of Home Ownership. There are numerous down-payment assistance programs available as well as FHA Financing that only requires 3.5% down. If I can be of assistance just say the word. Good luck!