Why would I want to price my home ahead of similar homes in my neighborhood that have been on the market for awhile?

Asked by Norman S Hamilton Jr, Glastonbury, CT Sun Mar 20, 2011

Answers

5
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun Mar 20, 2011
Norman,
If you mean "for less" by ahead, I would say to get it sold. When selling a house you have to think like a buyer. Why would someone buy your listing when others that are similar are priced less? By getting ahead of the pricing curve you'll end up with a higher bottom line. A home that is on the market 6-8 months will either not sell or have to have some serious price drops to get a buyers attention.
Peter Leeds, Agent, Manchester, CT
Sat Jul 2, 2011
Why be the same when you can be better? Why be ordinary? Selling a home is a competitive venture. Compete! Go for the win, not the group finish.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Mon Mar 21, 2011
More showings = More of a chance for an offer
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Mar 20, 2011
well Norman, since you're an agent, I would assume, and hope, you already know the answer !
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Mar 20, 2011
If you price it the same as the ones that have been on the market for awhile, isn't that just stating you are ready for the same thing? Just throw me into the mix of homes that aren't selling for some reason? Unless there is something drastically different or unique to set this one apart your best option is pricing it ahead. Just because it's a new listing doesn't necessarily mean it will sell for more. Hopefully this one goes well for you.