Why the property & violent crime % is so high in West Palm Beach vs Florida ?

Asked by Mario Desmarais, Outside U.S. Sun Dec 12, 2010

Answers

3
Edith Karoline Jasser’s answer
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Mon Dec 13, 2010
Realtors are really not your best source for this kind of question. Either explore the information about crime on the available internet sites, or contact the police department, they will gladly give you the information you may be seeking.

Good Luck to you, I am not sure why you are asking the question since you say that you are a home buyer from outside the US, are you looking for an investment property somewhere in the US, or are you looking to buy property for your own use....

As Realtors by law we are not allowed to give you information as to what area to buy in or not to buy in, considered steering and it is against the law....

A Realtor can certainly help you with providing you with available properties in the areas you are interested in, either for personal use or as an investment to rent out, and can give you details about price, value, condition etc. but those other questions you need to explore on the internet or by contacting the local police department.....

Hope this helps a little.
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago / Northshore Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
Working with Partner Agents anywhere in the US
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Isabel Willi…, Agent, Port Saint Lucie, FL
Sun Dec 12, 2010
Hi Mario,

Usually when crime rates are calculated they base it on the amount of crimes divided by the population. So this number isnt always the best way to decided whether or not an area is safe, since the crimes may only be in a particular area. If you are looking for a home in Palm Beach you want to work with a REALTOR that really knows the area. You can also do the research yourself by contacting City Hall and asking for the crime recrods. If you need any more information, please feel free to contact me .

Have a blessed day,

Isabel Williams

"The more you know the better choices you will make."

Whether Selling or Buying a home in Palm Beach, Martin or St Lucie County, you will want to put a professional on your team. As your dedicated Tri County Realtor, Short Sale Specialist, and Foreclosure Prevention Expert, I’m ready to work hard for you.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Call me at 772-245-0810 or email me at: info@SoldBuyIsabel.com
It would be my pleasure to help you!
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Sun Dec 12, 2010
Mario;

Its hard to say why some neighborhoods are more crime ridden then others.

http://www.citydata.com is a good source for crime and demographic info.

WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS
MIAMI • BAL HARBOUR • SUNNY ISLES