Why aren't all subdivisions marked with signs?

Asked by Jeff, Livonia, MI Mon Jul 20, 2009

Some subdivisions have decorative signs as you drive into them, such as Burton Hollow, Francavilla, Denmar Estates, SMB Estates, etc. But many others don't have any signs at all, such as Castle Gardens, Algonquin Park, Merri-Lynn Farms, and Bai-Lynn Park. I would suspect that without the signs, we realtors are the only ones who know the names of those subdivisions.

Answers

6
Bob Jakowinicz’s answer
Bob Jakowini…, Agent, Livonia, MI
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Jeff, I would agree with you on that with the subdivisions. I think some of the subs with big (named) parks in them might still have a big name following but other than that you are right.
Tamma DuPree, Agent, Hiram, GA
Sat Apr 21, 2012
Signs depend on local ordinances and laws and the developers decision on building a monument / sign.
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Mon Jul 20, 2009
When a developer decides not to have any common area & no HOA, once the development is built out the signs are removed.
Jeff, , Livonia, MI
Mon Jul 20, 2009
Well, I wasn't thinking in terms of being able to locate properties, but more of a community thing. If someone says, for example, that they live in Burton Hollow, many people would know where that is because that happens to be one of the subs with entrance signs. However, not many people (especially who don't live in the sub) might not know where Castle Gardens is because that's one without any signs.

It may be a financial reason. Perhaps the residents of the sub aren't willing to pay for (and maintain) signs?
Anne Zielke, , Livonia, MI
Mon Jul 20, 2009
Good Morning Jeff,
That's what Garmin's, Tom Tom's and the cell phone navagation systems are for, LOL. It would be nice if they sis have signs. What is your thought behind the question?

Anne Z
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Jul 20, 2009
Jeff,

Evidently not enough of an issue for residents to take concern over....

An even bigger concern should be the issue of safety.....do firemen, police and other emergency responders need this to insure a quick response?