Who do I report a corrupt HOA board in Texas?

Asked by kdtam1, Tampa, FL Fri Mar 22, 2013

Answers

3
Edith Karoline Jasser’s answer
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Sat Mar 23, 2013
It depends whether what you describe of being corrupt, has a strong legal implication, then see the response below. Just make sure that what it is that you see, you can back up with facts and proof before proceeding. How many parties in the building, have you talked to anyone else?
Hard for us to give you advice one way or the other without enough details and also we are not licensed to give legal advice, you may have to talk to an attorney, to see what it is that you can legally do.

Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Parker Compa…, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri May 24, 2013
Texas has recently passed new laws that regulate Homeowner Associations. We suggest you seek the advice of an attorney regarding any questions or concerns about your HOA.
Norman Frenk, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Mar 22, 2013
That may totally depend on the nature of the "corruptness". Anything involving fraud, stealing from the coffers, etc would be reported to the district attorney for investigation.