Eric Wu, Home Buyer in Russian Hill, San Fr...

Which streets or pockets of houses in the Mission are nicer than surrounding areas?

Asked by Eric Wu, Russian Hill, San Francisco, CA Mon Mar 19, 2012

Are there particular streets or pockets of houses in the Mission that have all been remodeled, have solid curb appeal, and generally nicer than other areas?

Answers

4
There are more than can be named but can't know if "all been remodeled". My criteria is usually well kept exteriors, tree lined and a general good feeling.
Blocks of Folsom St. and So. Van Ness have some beautiful Victorians. The small streets are really fun to investigate.
As Mario says everybody is different in what makes for appeal. Some of the best features are in the backyards too. I've seen some fantastic fruit trees and other wonderful gardens in the yards. Speaking of that, I'd put the well kept yard right up there with curb appeal for attractiveness. Looking out at nice greenspace is very appealing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 20, 2012
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
San Jose; Lapidge; Linda; Harrison; Precita; Peralta; Banks... But see here, poster, you'll get a thousand opinions of what is "nice". For instance, I once called on a couple of families who may have been more comfortable living in Noe Valley, but they "loved" the sunny disposition of the Bay View. So, what turns you on? You do realize that any "pockets" in the Mission will still be either 1/2 or 1 block away from what might not appeal to you. But, you'll be the best judge of that. I listed a few streets familiar to me, however, I can also say that in most cases, these streets are a bear to park!!! (What area in the Mission isn't?). What are you looking for in a "good" neighborhood?
The homes in Mission Terrance are better than ones you'll find in lower Mission or the Excelsior district or outer Mission.
Capp Street over by 16th avenue.