Where are the grocery stores........?

Asked by teridahmen, Fallbrook, CA Sun Nov 20, 2011

Answers

9
Hutdreamer, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Jan 28, 2013
S Eisel.
I had my amazing house listed for over 90 dayis, Valley Center is a amazing country place to feel right at home. With a incrediable view & 5 minutes to frwy, plus one car goes by all day, square footage & acreage, it couldn't be replaced, at the price listed at, agent was continually wanting price lowered.
He wanted us to sell it for far less, than we paid for it 5 years ago, in a high end West Valley Center location, plus, it now has a Permitted grannie unit, with its own address.

We were moving to Oceanside, coastal dosnt compare to the benefits of this amazing area, for safety & privacy & room to park all youir relatives vehicles.

A emergency situation was why I listed, we needed to downsize, but decided we dont need added stress of having to adjust to 0 lot line houses & no where to park & in general no privacy, what so ever. plus very little sq ftge for your money in coastal affordable living.

True shopping in VC, abit different than when you live in City,, people that live here know how its done, Cosco & Wal Mart approximately 15 minutes away, generally keep everything in stock you need, plus on line shopping.

We all know about extra refrigerators in garage, & we all get acquainted with UPS & Fed X delivery service, to say nothing of the amazing Postal delivery people, who put friendlyness in their job & generally know most of their customers on their route.

.Going to town is no big deal when you need to do your weekly shopping.
We sacrifice convenience for perks, like, if you love horses, no big deal, plus can have large dogs, small dogs & peace & quiet, privacy, wild life, yet 5 minutes to I 15 frwy which is approx 10 minutes to shopping if not less..

It is a tremendous Privilige to live in Valley Center. Or as some of us say, Its A Blessing.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sun Nov 20, 2011
Where about in Fallbrook do you live. If you're on the Northeast end of town you may want to go over the pass into Temecula. If you're on the Northwest side you'll need to go into Oceanside or Vista. If you're closer to Bonsall you may need to visit Escondido or San Marcos.

All is all, however, Fallbrook is in a relatively rural to semi rural part of town and don't really have the conventional shopping malls with large scale grocery store chains that are so common in the more suburban neighborhoods.

Most locals tend to patronize the local shops and stores, and farmers markets throughout the area. This frankly is why a lot of folks choose to live in rural areas. They would prefer to acculturate themselves into the localism that is inherent in communities like this.

Additionally, you'll find most locals growing their own veggies, raising their own chickens and even cows for eggs and milk. Sounds a bit primative I know but then that's why folks move to neighborhoods like this in the first place.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sun Nov 20, 2011
teridahmen:

Walk Score is a popular site for mapping a area's services. Here's the link for Fallbrook, CA:
http://www.walkscore.com/nearby/Fallbrook-CA

You can enter your exact address to see how close the grocery stores are to you.

How Walk Score Works
Walk Score is a number between 0 and 100 that measures the walkability of any address.

Walk Score Description
90–100 Walker's Paradise — Daily errands do not require a car.
70–89 Very Walkable — Most errands can be accomplished on foot.
50–69 Somewhat Walkable — Some amenities within walking distance.
25–49 Car-Dependent — A few amenities within walking distance.
0–24 Car-Dependent — Almost all errands require a car.

-Steve
Gus, Erin, Home Buyer, Valley Center, CA
Tue May 1, 2012
We have several small markets that provide whatever we need. The big box grocery stores Ralph's, Von's and Albertson's are all ten minutes away in Escondido.
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Mon Nov 21, 2011
Hi Teri,
There are some as listed below, but obviously not as readily available are more urbanized areas. The trade off for country-ish living. There are some really great deals to be had in Valley Center right now. Feel free to contact me directly and I can send you some.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sun Nov 20, 2011
Bradley you echoed my previous comment beautifully. Only one major super market chain mentioned out of all the Mom n Pops is a validation of the inherent mood and tempo of the area. Just validates my theory about acculturation all the more.

I will say, however, that there are still many folks who cultivate their own food stuffs on their property. I deal with them regularly. In fact we purchase many of our natural organic veggies and range fed meat and foul from private properties year around. Plus, I can't remember the last time I bought eggs in a supermarket what with so many chicken ranches in the area.

Granted there are a lot of OC and LA transplants that have moved into the area during the past 30 years and they have definitely had an overall impact on the demographics. But truth be known they too have in part assimilated into the landscape in one way or the other. Many of my resale clients have been those folks who couldn't and needed to move into a more urbanized area. Either way it's a win win.
Brad Manning, Agent, Fallbrook, CA
Sun Nov 20, 2011
Teridahmen,
I'm not sure if your asking about Fallbrook of Valley Center so below I've provided a list with info for both.
Many years ago some locals did raise farm animals. However, Having been in Fallbrook since the 70's and a realtor there for over 11 years I can tell you that the majority of residents now shop at the grocery stores and local farmers markets for their food and veggies. Please be aware that the lists I've provided are not ALL places to by groceries in both locations. There are quite a few smaller "Mom & Pop" type stores that also sell a limited supply of grocery type items.
If you visit my web site, and click the "Guide To Communities" drop down menu, You'll find a page dedicated to Valley Center & Fallbrook. Each has it's own search map. "Click" on the "Lifestyle" button and select "Grocery" the map will then mark each grocery store location along with address and contact information.
I hope you find this info. helpful and feel free to contact me if you would like any further assitance.
Brad

For Valley Center:

Country Junction Deli
29115 Valley Center Rd Ste G
Valley Center, CA 92082-6553 (map)
(760) 749-0123

Harvest Farms Market
28960 Lilac Rd Ste E
Valley Center, CA 92082-4020 (map)
(760) 749-9159

Mazzetti Frank & Son
33509 Valley Center Rd
Valley Center, CA 92082-6051 (map)
(760) 749-4972

Town Center Market Inc
29144 Valley Center Rd
Valley Center, CA 92082-6535 (map)
(760) 749-4939

Valley Center Foods
27537 Valley Center Rd
Valley Center, CA 92082 (map)
(760) 749-9088

For Fallbrook:

Albertsons
1133 S Mission Rd
(760) 723-8177

Bonita Foods
311 N Main St
(760) 451-1231

Major Market
845 S Main St
(760) 723-0857

Fallbrook Market & Deli
134 W Mission
(760) 728-8477

Northgate Market
1346 S Mission Rd
(760) 723-4512

Daniels Apple Market (Bonsall)
5256 S Mission Rd #701 Bonsall
(760) 732-1135
Rick Ungar, Agent, Encinitas, CA
Sun Nov 20, 2011
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Nov 20, 2011
There are two Von's in Escondido;
one on Valley Parkway
one on El Norte

Sadly,
there is no Winco in the area