What type of families are in the area?

Asked by Carla, Dearborn, MI Thu Sep 29, 2011

? (i.e. young with young children, professional with no children, families with teens, or older couples) What shopping malls are near this area?

Answers

4
Greatgrandma…, Home Owner, Michigan
Sat Apr 7, 2012
I have lived in Dearborn for 45 years. It was an awesome place to raise a family. The schools were among the best in the country. 10 years ago my youngest son and his wife died. I took their then 5 year old daughter to raise.

By 2007 she was languishing in middle school where the curriculum had to be adjusted for so many young people who spoke English only as a second language. She had lots of friends in school but because of cultural differences none were allowed to come to our house or go to the movies or the mall etc.

Sadly, we had to move in order to remedy the problem. I have lived in a foreign country and love cultural diversity however, when one doesn't have a choice it can become overwhelming. Do your homework, know what you are getting into. Visit the stores, parks, schools; read business shop signs; study the cities history. Be an INFORMED buyer, it is the only way to move to any new city.
Victor Fawaz, Agent, Dearborn, MI
Wed Apr 11, 2012
As in any neighborhood your seeking it is really important to familiarize your self with the location you want to make home. I will go to the location different times during the week and walk the area on the weekends. Shopping, eating, walking your dog, and even meeting your local grocers help.
Allison Fish…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Tue Feb 14, 2012
The best way for you to determine the makeup of a neighborhood is to drive around it or take walks at different times of the day to determine the way it flows and the types of families that are coming and going.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Thu Sep 29, 2011
Carla,
Agents are forbidden from discussing issues like this. Issues of age, race, religion, family are all possible areas of discrimination, so we must avoid them. My suggestion for buyers who want to understand the character of a neighborhood is to visit the area and decide for yourself.