What neighborhood has no HOA that I can find to buy in where I can have horses. My price range is 1m to 1.4m.

Asked by Wendikorkes, Santa Rosa Valley, CA Sat Apr 7, 2012

Answers

7
Heidi Golff, Agent, Ventura, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Good morning Wendi,

Are you able to consider other communities outside of the Santa Rosa Valley? Somis comes to mind, as does Camarillo, Ojai, and Santa Paula. Please tell me what other features are important to you in a home and whether or not driving distant constraints are involved. I am a Certified Luxury Home professional with experience in horse property. Please visit my site; let's have a comprehensive conversation about all of your requirements ~ that's essential! I don't want to waste your time throwing out neighborhoods until I have the entire picture for your needs in focus.
Blanca Dover, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Fri May 3, 2013
Hi Wendy,

You have a few options that are zoned for horses with no HOA fees; Las Posas Estates, Santa Rosa Valley and Somis. There are additional surrounding areas such as Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Fillmore, Ojai, Santa Paula and Westlake Village that have homes zoned for horses.

Blanca Dover, REALTOR
Century21 Hometown Realty

Website: http://www.blancadover.com
Web Reference:  http://www.blancadover.com
Sally Stride, Home Owner, Camarillo, CA
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Hello Wendi
I have just listed a horse zoned property in Somis with a 2300 sq ft main house plus a Guest House on 1+ acre. I will be holding it Open today between 2pm and 4pm. Please drop by or call me at 805 443 3658
SCOTT URQUHA…, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Las Posas estates is horse friendly and no HOA fees, however they have an volentary fee of $75 a year but is not required, also parts of Santa Rosa valley are horse zoned with no HOA.
Bonnie Sterl…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Morning Wendi,

There are several in the general area. Most have HOA's. I tend to prefer without HOA's for myself but there are some that are very inexpensive and fairly unrestrictive, you might want to leave yourself open to the right property in an HOA but maybe not look at Wildhorse or Bridlewood kinds of HOA's. But if you really want NO HOA's well, you should get what you want in that price range and sometimes it just takes time to find the right combination of features, location and price.
If you'd like to contact me through my Trulia profile, I can set you up with an MLS Portal which will fill with properties, as they come onto the market, that allow horses and have no HOA's. There is no cost for this and no obligation.
To answer your question specifically, there are homes in Grimes Canyon that show no HOA's, Somis as some have mentioned is a good option, there are others peppered in outlying areas of TO and NP too.
http://www.SterlingLiving.com
Dan Matthews, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Ventura County has several areas that may be of interest to you. In Camarillo, Las Posas estates has several areas that allow horses and they do have a community arena with some trails. Larger properties are available in Somis. Ojai is also a possibility.

Give me a call at 805-890-4309 or email me at camarillo.homes@verizon.net and we can get more specific.
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Nearby Somis, as you may know, has horse-zoned properties, such as the ($1.1M) listing at: 4230 Blackberry Ln, 93066. The HOAs are only $250./year. This is a 4-bedroom, 5000 sf house on an acre of land. I hope this helps!