Steve Holt!, Home Owner in Fremont, CA

What is the large development off of Quarry Lakes drive and Osprey in Northern edge of Fremont. Looks like a condo complex?

Asked by Steve Holt!, Fremont, CA Mon Sep 17, 2012

Answers

7
John Juarez’s answer
I, too, have noticed the construction of which you speak. The size and nature of the steel frame that is being erected makes me think that it is for commercial use of some kind. Perhaps it is for East Bay Regional Park’s use. We will have to watch as construction progresses.
Hello everyone,
I looked it up and it looks like it's going to be a Buddhist Temple/School
Here's a link to where I found it

http://www.nilesunity.com/?section=45
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
Thanks - the building near the park is what I was inquiring about. I knew the park was nearby but didn't realize that was park property. Recently moved into Niles and pass by it everyday and I'm quite curious..
I have also seen the building on the park property that Sunil just mentioned. Don't think it housing, but not sure what it'll be.
I've seen it too, but not sure what it is. It looks to be on the park property.
If you are referring to the intersection of Quarry Lakes and Osprey Drive in Union City (just outside of Fremont border) (http://tinyurl.com/9ghw43k) there is a residential neighborhood of single family homes on the Northwest side and two large plots of privately owned land on each side of Quarry Lakes. Years ago, the land between Alvarado Niles and Quarry Lakes were beautiful gladiola fields; they have since been other small crops of things but are currently not being used for any agricultural purposes.
At Thornton Av & Paseo Padre there is "Southwycke Court" but at paseo and Quarry not much else that sounds like that. However in Union City, Alvarado-Niles and Quarry/Osprey there is a condo complex called Monterra, it's poss. you're referring to that.