Tamara, Home Buyer in Poland, ME

What is the deal with this review I keep seeing about land fills in Raymond? Does anyone know what this person is talking about?

Asked by Tamara, Poland, ME Fri May 20, 2011

? I like many houses in that area & have been interested in relocating there since it's a good central point between L/A, Portland & Windam..this review is making me a little concerned...can anyone explain what this person is talking about? Thank you :)

Answers

5
Kathy McClel…, Agent, Falmouth, ME
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Wondering if someone is referring to the previous problems in Gray with McKinn site?
Fryeisdreamer, Home Seller, Frye Island, ME
Tue Jul 12, 2011
Just to be accurate the house listed on Frye Island is NOT on a land fill and to the best of my knowledge there are none on on the island. Portland water District is very strict with regards to contaminating water runoff to the lake which is pristine, crystal clear and provides drinking water, as part of Sebago Lake is a reservoir!
John Babin, Agent, Cape Elizabeth, ME
Sat May 21, 2011
There are 2 ex land fills in Raymond, but not an active one. We also have 3 acres for sale in Raymond for 99,000 if that interest you. Like I said before get me the report and I'll look into for you.
John Babin, Agent, Cape Elizabeth, ME
Sat May 21, 2011
Could you please email me a copy of this review, I have an agent in our office who is very knowledgeable about the Raymond area. I'd be happy to look into this for you, email john.babin@nemoves.com or you can call with the information 207-318-0860.
Dale Doughty, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Falmouth, ME
Sat May 21, 2011
Hi Tamara,

I am a lender in the area and I am not sure what concerns there would be regarding land fills in Raymond. I don't see what reviews you are referring to but here is what I know of the area. Raymond is one of many small towns that border Sebago Lake. Sebago Lake is the public water supply for the Greater Portland area. Furthermore, Sebago Lake provides some of the highest quality drinking water in the country and is heavily monitored and policed by the Portland Water District. I routinely launch my boat at Raymond Beach to take my kids fishing in the Deep Water Cove area and we eat what we catch. I would have no reservations about living in Raymond under any circumstances. Especially now that Raymond's school system as joined ours in Windham and gets to maintain the advantages of rural living while enjoying the amenities that only a larger community can provide. Good Luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.DaleDoughty.com