What is the crime rate in the Greer area? Are the neighborhoods safe?

Asked by Kathy Herrmann, Bismarck, ND Thu Feb 24, 2011

Answers

2
Rachel Linds…, , South Carolina
Fri Feb 25, 2011
There is a website; http://raidsonline.com/ - that has crime information on many cities. I do not know if Greer participates, as that is a small town (but growing fastj) and the smaller ones tend not to participate in the newer technologies.

Although I am in the Charleston area, I have done business in Greer and know folks who live in or near Greer. It is a delightful town with a strong sense of community. It is between Greenville and Spartanburg, which are fast becoming one due to the development and industry moving in. So far, the growth has been well planned and fairly well maintained. BMW has placed their new transmission plant there, and it is part of a fast growing technology corridor between G'ville and Spartanburg.

It is a beautiful area, in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains, and only an hour from Asheville, NC.

Quality of life is rated quite high, but know that much of it is still rural. Only minutes from Greenville, though!

In working with sales agents, be careful! Find one that will give you information needed, will provide answers to questions you didn't know to ask, and is really interested in meeting your needs, not just in selling you something. Real Estate sales agents in SC are a dime a dozen, and there isn't a high level of professionalism overall. However, there ARE some professional ones. You just have be diligent and use discernment..

Good luck!!
Web Reference:  http://raidsonline.com/
Rachel, I'm assuming that you have met or know all 3000+ Realtors in Greenville. Every barrel has a few rotten apples, even Charleston. I suggest that you take an Ethics course yourself. Dealing with Realtors in Greenville for many many years and I've never met one that didn't abide by the Code of Ethics. I'm proud to be associated with this group of people who always have their clients needs in mind ( first and formost.)
Be careful what you say if your a Realtor, you too must abide by the code of Ethics.
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012
Kim Stroud, Agent, Greenville, SC
Thu Feb 24, 2011
I can't tell you whether an area is safe or not. However, you can contact Greer Police department and they can pinpoint streets, neighborhoods, etc... And tell you exactly what kind of calls, percentage of calls for violent and non-violent crimes. Greer encompasses a much larger area now, and you'll need to be specific with addresses. Hope that helps, and if you need an agent to serve your home finding needs, I'd love to assist you. Kimstroud@charter.net