What is the best place for breakfast in Rogers Park? Lunch? Dinner?

Asked by Mark Malave, Chicago, IL Wed Jan 12, 2011

I had a client ask me and I had a hard time coming up with "the best" location. I like several places.

Answers

14
Rusty Payton, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Nov 8, 2012
Huge Fan of M Henrietta on Granville...technically in Edgewater but just blocks from RP. They also have M Henry in Andersonville on Clark. Enjoy!
Deb Russcol, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Lunch is Leona's. Wide menu variety at a sit down meal. Several places on Clark and Morse for more of an "order at the counter" type of meal are just fine.

Dinner? Love Uncommon Ground (actually Edgewater but why not share and call it "Rogers Edge"?). Ropa on Pratt east of Sheridan is a delight in food and atmosphere. Grande Noodles is sushi and Thai food. New owners just this past month so I'm not sure of it today. Oh Yes! and the chicken place on the South West corner of Touhy and Clark. This is an "order at the counter" place. The Greek chicken is wonderful!
Tommy Hicks, , Dallas, TX
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Mark,
Common cup on Morse is a great little coffee place. They have little breakfast items, but nothing too crazy. A real staple for all three meals is Heartland Cafe. All natural, organic, with live music and a general store. Big Buns and Peta is excellent for dinner. A great bar/dinner place is Candlelight on Western. Awesome pizza.
Plus, on Morse there's a pizza by the slice joint called JB Alburtos.
And there's another great Pizza places on Jarvis but I can't remember the name.
Good luck!!!
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Dec 19, 2012
Mark,

Have them check out the Heartland Cafe. It's the "heart" of Rogers Park!
Michael Pete…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jan 16, 2011
My favorite place for breakfast is The Heartland Cafe. Lunch or dinner I like Leona's at Sheridan and Morse...and Hana a little Japanese place on the East side of Sheridan just North of Pratt.
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
I thank all of you for your input. As a lifelong RP resident (yeah I've lived here since 1973, yikes!), I have been to every place in the neighborhood. Let me ask the questions this way. If a client asked you for a suggestion, what would be your suggestion? And Why? Favorite Dish?

Let's keep the conversation going!
Web Reference:  http://www.markmalave.com
Deb Russcol, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Just great breakfast! A & T Grill at 7036 N. Clark at Greenleaf. Small parking lot in back. Well made food and ample portions at reasonable price. Real neighborhood atmosphere. It's a can't miss!
Deb Russcol, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Deb Russcol, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Mary Nack, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Heartland is a landmark - and I've heard that M. Henry's is awesome. How about UnCommon Ground up on Howard? (They have been established at Grace and Clark forever - and just recently opened this location.)
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
This is a little south but the BEST. M. Henry.
5707 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60660
(773) 561-1600

Noah Seidenberg
Coldwell Banker Evanston
Toll Free (800) 858-7917
Office (847) 316-8529
Fax (847) 939-5636

On the web:
http://www.coldwellbankerevanston.com
http://www.noahshomes.com
Real Estate Specialist Chicago-land and Suburbs
Licensed Illinois real estate agent

My blog:
http://www.theevanstonian.com
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Heartland Cafe for all meals. The only prob is parking, but it's right off the L stop on Morse @ Lunt/Greenwood.
Stephanie Su…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Mark,

Have you ever been to the Heartland Cafe? DEFINITELY check it out - it's been around for 30+ years and has become a kind of historical landmark in Rogers Park. At night they have live music sometimes. It's located in the heart of the Glenwood Arts District at 7000 N Glenwood (Lunt and Glenwood)
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Travel a little further than Rogers Park... a touch south into Andersonville... (Clark and Olive), to M. Henry's. It's a destination breakfast place (much like Walker Brothers Pancake house is, just to the north in Wilmette). M. Henry's "Blackberry Bliss Pancakes" are worth every calorie.

Trust me on this one, it's worth the trip, although there will be a line. (and it's worth the wait)