What are the property and income tax rates in Westlake?

Asked by Odonnellcoy, Cape Coral, FL Sat Feb 25, 2012

Answers

1
Dominic Pici…, Agent, Strongsville, OH
Sat Feb 25, 2012
Tax Information

Property taxes
Property taxes are collected by Cuyahoga County. Westlake residents will pay approximately $2,061 per $100,000 of market value for residential properties for the 2011 tax year (collected in 2012). For business and commercial properties, the rate is $2,179 per $100,000 in market value. For real property information, contact the Cuyahoga County Fiscal Officer's office at 216.443.7010, or at http://fiscalofficer.cuyahogacounty.us.

City Income Tax
Westlake has a 1.5 percent income tax, which is collected by and paid to the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA). Westlake's tax rate is one of the lowest within Cuyahoga County. All residents are required to file a tax return with RITA by April 15 for the previous year. A 100 percent credit is granted for income tax paid to a community outside of Westlake to the extent that the taxes paid equal or exceed the taxes calculated as due to Westlake.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance...

Dominic Picione
Keller Williams Real Estate