In My Neighborhood in 64801>Question Details

Kalexander47, Home Buyer in Joplin, MO

We have older family living in Joplin and I have visited there many times,, and am now wanting to relocate there. My question is this, with the High

Asked by Kalexander47, Joplin, MO Fri Jul 6, 2012

School no longer standing, where do the high schoolers attend since the tornado hit? I absolutely love this town and the people are so kind and strong! God bless each of you.

Joplin has rebuild the High School since the tornado. It is located at 2104 Indiana Avenue, Joplin, MO 64804
High school children grades 9-10 attend classes at Joplin Memorial which is a community bldg in near the center of town. Grades 11-12 attend classes at the Mall where classrooms have been set up from open space as well as some portable bldg. Construction on the new High School has begun with a completion date in 2014.
Hope this helps. Have a great day!
The high school is located at the mall since the old one since the tornado. They remodled a big box store and spent approx 300k to fix it up. They are going to rebuild the high school at the same location and will be ready in 2014 they say. This is a great place to live and raise a family! Let me know if you have any more questions!