We are considering buying a house in Cocoa North. It appears to be a decent area for families. I've heard the homes in this area aren't worth their

Asked by tahvi92, Cocoa, FL Sat Jan 28, 2012

selling price. Should we consider moving on to a new area?

Answers

2
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Jan 29, 2012
tahvi92,

The case could be made that this is a scenario that exists in most neighborhoods. Identifying value is one of the many services offered by an experienced real estate professional.

We would recommend that prior to "pulling the plug" and moving on that you engage in additional research to arrive at an accurate appreciation for the community market. Keep in mind that in this market, sellers often assume that buyers are going to make a lower offer and increase their asking price to include this anticipated activity. The result is a market that appears overvalued. These prices are however, not the information you need to focus upon when considering this area....Buyers should be concentrating their efforts on the actual "sale prices" of home sold in this location.

Further, as a buyer financing your purchase, the lender will insist on an appraisal to support their investment in your purchase. This fail-safe should protect your interests as well. In the event you are a cash buyer, it would be beneficial to request an appraisal yourself...

Working with a realtor that knows this community should provide you with the information and support you require to make a sound purchase.

Matt Hausmann, Agent, Merritt Island, FL
Sat Jan 28, 2012
When it comes to the selling price, the market is showing what that is. If you are commenting on list price and/or asking prices, most homes are priced above the market for negotiation purposes. What are you looking for? Beds? Baths? Garage? I just sold one in the area late 2011 and my customer got quite a house for the money. Give me a call and let me work hard for you as your
Web Reference:  http://www.hartunghomes.com