Danny Kochavi, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

Want to know what it’s like to live in 46628?

Asked by Danny Kochavi, Outside U.S. Mon Oct 19, 2009

Answers

3
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Mon Jul 29, 2013
You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. They also have a great side by side zip code comparison feature as well.

Chris
Mariam Nepth…, Home Buyer, R & J Subdivision, The, Pflugerville, TX
Mon Jul 29, 2013
I spent my childhood summers on Chain O Lakes (north chain, formerly known as Bass Lake). The area is very rural although the roads have some type of paving now instead of gravel & dirt. The lake is still absolutely beautiful and swimming is permitted at the Conservation Club (membership required to use the Lake & facilities).

I'd give almost anything to live there now (I'm 70), to sit lakeside & enjoy nature, maybe have a little boat & go for a spin.
Carol Van Li…, Home Buyer, South Bend, IN
Tue Feb 5, 2013
most of it has a high crime rate if you are good at keeping to yourself have an alarm system and a dog or two you would be ok but keep the police on speed dial "gang" junk spills over sometimes and you get to deal with that too also you never need to watch "COPS" on tv just look out your window
I lived in (or on the border of) 46628 for 6 years. I agree that you are describing PART of it, more specifically south of Williams/Angela St. But not the vast majority in my humble opinion. North of the toll road is a good section. I used to live in the apartments next to Meijer and Walmart and that area was good. But I've heard bad things about the apartments just on the other side of Cleveland on Portage. However, Corpus Christi is good, and a lot of northern Portage and the Brick road area. Also, north of Keller Park is pretty good as there are cops living in droves there. I wouldn't recommend living on the west side of Portage after you pass Cleveland Rd. I also wouldn't live further south than the Woodlawn traffic light on Portage. But saying all of 46628 is full of crime paints a very inaccurate picture. I like my area and am looking to buy a larger house here.
Flag Thu Feb 7, 2013