There are so many homes for sale in the Withrow Downs subdivision. I'm curious why.

Asked by C & J, Charlotte, NC Fri Aug 14, 2009

Answers

6
Poopoo, , Charlotte, NC
Wed May 5, 2010
I own a home in the Withrow Downs 2 subdivision and I can tell you bar none THE main problem is the HOA. We were in our house less than 2 months before we received our first nasty gram and have had a steady stream of them ever since. We are not careless or trashy people when it comes to our home but the HOA Nazis seem to have a lot of time on their hands. The race track is really only a bother twice a year, you get used to the sound of cars practicing after awhile. The neighbors we have are wonderful and oh yes, the taxes are a bit excessive. Maybe all the over $100k county workers should take a pay cut instead of gouging us homeowners. If you do move here, I would recommend thoroughly evaluating your lifestyle to see if it will fit into the HOA NAZI profile. If it will, you're all good. The location is awesome though. After my experience here, I will NEVER live in an HOA managed community again!
Jsplit, Home Buyer, North Carolina
Wed Mar 3, 2010
This development has so many forclosures due to high Meck County property taxes and a terribly managed and excessive HOA. Not counting the seperate fees yearly just to swim in the pool! I lived here and forclosed, I just could not pay the excess taxes rising and HOA. The mortgage was not the problem it was the price to pay to live in that neighborhood, shame on the HOA the homeowners themselves agreed to run that development. My word of advice think long and hard about ALL the costs of living here, even if the price is good, later on prices/values go up and so does the cost to stay there.
The HOA dues have not gone up ONCE since the community was built in 2001!!! There are NO charges to swim either! That's part of the HOA dues!!
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014
Roxxieboo, Both Buyer And Seller, Charlotte, NC
Sun Aug 23, 2009
Every subdivision is feeling the effects of the market. The trick is to get in while its a buyer's market and buy buy buy. Remember the 80's recession and the housing market was bad but turned around because truth be told it is better to have a mortgage of your own then to rent and pay someone elses mortgage. If the prices are reasonable I would buy.

Also, I am not a realtor but Shelly Simmons was my realtor when I relocated from New Jersey to Charlotte, Not only was she a pleasure to work with, she got me an awesome deal on my house in Charlotte. I can't thank her enough for the hard work and time she spent negotiate my deal (I was definately a frugal buyer) but she worked with me until I found the right property. She wasn't like other realtors trying to get me in any old property for commission, she actually cared and found me the perfect house for me. Not to many people do that today and for that I will always use her as my realtor when buying becausea one could compare in my eyes.
Ginger Moore, , Charlotte, NC
Sat Aug 15, 2009
Hi C&J,
I have family that live in that neighborhood. It is a wonderful neighborhood to live in, and raise children, if you have any. It is very quiet, and peaceful. It is also close to UNCC, and you know the property value,is just going to continue to escalate, in given time. It is close to good schools, and shopping. Just give me a call, if I can further assist you. The homes are also well built.

http://www.charlottelakewyliehomes.com
Shelley Simm…, , Charlotte, NC
Fri Aug 14, 2009
This is a buyers market and I am a buyer agent that can get you the best deal. Bottom line. Yes, It is close to the track but is that not what appeals to you and every other buyer. I am here to negotioate the best deals for my buyers so if you are a serious buyer in this neighborhood...You need to call me right now and lets make something happen! Lest's start looking at some of them. 704-619-7355 Shelley
Jen Wetzel, Agent, Fort Mill, SC
Fri Aug 14, 2009
Truthfully, when I show homes to clients in this community, they are overly concerned with the race track and drag strip being so close to the community. They discuss traffic, noise, and nuisances of lots of tourists in the area for different weeks out of the year.

Otherwise, it is well located in Charlotte and very close to 485. Hope this helps.

Jen Mildenberger