The home prices seem so reasonable in the 19th Ward. Is there a GOOD reason not to look there for a home to purchase?

Asked by Marilyn, 23322 Tue Dec 29, 2009

Answers

3
Richard Brad…, , Rochester, NY
Thu Feb 4, 2010
The only good answers are the ones you find out for your self. Most agents web sites offer statistics on crime and more by zip code. Working with a realestate professions will help. Talk with people that live there. If you don't know anyone visit the local stores ask questons there.
Dave, , 60707
Thu Jan 28, 2010
Rob is absolutely right. Stay south of Sawyer and you'll avoid the majority of the crime. Regardless of where you are, I would suggest decent locks and fences to avoid property crimes.

Expect to have to invest at least some money in the properties, but most are wholly livable without improvements.
Rberkman, Home Buyer, Penn Yan, NY
Sun Jan 10, 2010
Well, I hate to say this, but there have been more crime problems there--sadly--so be cautious about the street you buy on. But the homes are gorgeous and a great deal for the money...