Recently retired boomers (55) interested in whether or not we would fit in with Sun City population. Looking to participate in a lot of activities

Asked by Murphy, Orange County, CA Wed Feb 17, 2010

offered, but not sure whether we are too young compared to the rest of the residents.

Answers

20
JNL Realty G…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Fri Apr 18, 2014
We have many customers in Sun City. No matter what your level of activity there will be a club dedicated to you.
Michael Doyle, Agent, Indio, CA
Wed Feb 26, 2014
All I can say is a big YES. They have many activities and everyone is friendly and anxious for new people to fit in.

Let me know if I can help you find the right house and which Sun City location you are interested in. This is a great time to get serious on a purchase as our season is about to end and more properties will become available.

Give me a call if you wish. 760-567-7201.

Thanks !

Michael
Sharon & Paul…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Wed Feb 26, 2014
We have found that residents of Sun City Palm Desert love it whether they are 55 or 85! With 76 million baby boomers retiring, there has been an increase in younger retirees in the last few years. There are approximately 80 clubs, two 18 hole golf courses, three clubhouses, several restaurants, tennis courts, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fitness centers, indoor track, 200 sear theatre, softball field and organized team. It is also one of the best values....if not the best.....in the Palm Springs area. The homes were built between 1992 and 2003 and are quality construction. The prices are generally lower than what you would pay for homes of the same age and construction in other local areas. The HOA's are also lower than most of the other gated communities. Utility costs are also lower due to good construction and insulation. The electric utility that services this area (Imperial Irrigation District) is also less expensive than Southern California Edison that serves other nearby communities. Golf packages are available for those that only occasionally use the courses and those that play several times per week. There is also "pay as you play" pricing. RV parking is available. If you are looking for lots of activities, you have found your new home!
Michael Doyle, Agent, Indio, CA
Sat Oct 27, 2012
I would say yes, by all means. This is a active community with multiple golf courses, tennis courts, active clubhouse with so many things to do, you could not fit them into your day. As our season is just beginning, it will really crank up now. Price of homes are very reasonable depending on your needs.
I am somewhat active in the community and have a working knowledge of Sun City, so please let me know how I may help you. If you will provide me some specifics, I will be happy to send over some listings for your review. Just let me know, OK?

Michael
Carol Carpen…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Sat Oct 27, 2012
Hi: you may also want to consider Trilogy in LaQuinta.
Michael Doyle, Agent, Indio, CA
Tue May 29, 2012
Sun City is an active community. You will do well to explore the home in this area and there are quite a range to chose from. We have over 45 models, so you at least determine how much space is ideal for you.Of course price is a major concern and the rest is up to us to show you what is available in that price range.
I would love to work with you and if you are not local, can send allong listings and comments for your consideration.
Thanks and hope to hear back soon.
Michael
Phyllis Cyph…, Agent, Indian Wells, CA
Thu Feb 17, 2011
As an active boomer myself who enjoys hiking and tennis you may want to check out several communities such as Ironwood CC and Palm Desert Tennis club.
It really depends on what activities you are most interested in . As a resident of the Summit in south Palm Desert we enjoy the close hiking and walks in the area. Also we are members of Palm Desert Tennis Club where you can always get a game of tennis or participate in the the very active social life.
Ironwood Country Club is another great location to check out when you viist the desert.
If you would like to check out my Web page at http://www.phylliscyphers.com you can read about many areas of the desert such as Rancho Mirage, Indian Well, Palm Desert and La Quinta.
Cathi Walter, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Fri Apr 23, 2010
At the risk of bursting bubbles...... let me first say, Sun City is a Great place to live and play - however, I always recommmend my clients explore All of their possibilities - there are many active adult communities here in the desert area that deserve a look.
Karen Cross…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Tue Mar 2, 2010
How can you be "too young" to enjoy the benefits of a community which respects your accomplishments in life? We all experience "stages" in our lives. When you were in your thirties, did you want to live in an apartment complex which catered to 18-20 year olds? What are your interests? That is what you need to focus on, not age requirements. Not everyone 55+ automatically moves in to a Sun City development. Explain what amenities you would enjoy ... and I will narrow-down your community choices. Karen Webster | Coldwell Banker 760.218.2987 email: KarenWebster@Coldwellbanker.com
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Thu Feb 18, 2010
Your received some excellent positive views of the 55 & older communities. But, they were from all females. You use the avatar of a male; so, Murphy, I am assuming you are male. Perhaps some of the female responders could help you with some male responses, to give you a balanced viewpoint.
Wendy Formica, Agent, La Quinta, CA
Thu Feb 18, 2010
Murphy,

What a great place to live. I have lived in this community for nine years and can say that this is probably the best value in town. The association dues are $220 per month which covers three community clubhouses which has a library,restaurant, speakers hall, ball room, break-out rooms, four pools/spa's two complete work out facilities with trainiers available, over 80 clubs, 36 holes of fabulous golf, an 18 hole putting course....I could go on and on. Most of all the people are really friendly and always seem to welcome newcomers. There are several other 55+ communities in the valley that might appeal to you as well.

If you need to become acquainted with the neighborhoods, I would be delighted to assist you. As a local realtor and a 55+ active adult speacialist I can assist you throughout the valley. Let me know if I can help!
Joan Hobin a…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Sun City has a ton of activities but you may be a little too young. You would be better off and perhaps a lot happier at a country club with younger people. Sun City is a great place but wait 10 years. joan hobin, The Hobin Company.
Doreen Potti…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Yes - I have lived in this community for 4 yrs- I am now only 62. Great activities and great gym. There is as much involvement as you want or as little. It is up to you. This communities average age is early 60's. lots of young baby boomers coming here.
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Murphy, There are so many Sun City's in the United States, I was mistaken and thought you meant Sun City, by Murrieta, but I see all of these great answers from the other fine agents and realized the zip Code you were asking about. :)
Web Reference:  http://www.soreal.biz
Anja Howard, , Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Hello Murphy,

I have to tell you that Sun City is an awesome retirement community. My grandmother and great uncle retired there and we would go to visit them all the time and I have so many wonderful memories. It is cool to be 55+ there! I remember playing shuffleboard, golf, making silver and turquoise jewelry, little train villages, line dancing, and all kinds of social events. The community they lived in was like extended family ..all the neighbors were friends and would be so happy if we stopped in-(as her grandkids for homemade cookies while we were in town.) Also, one of my favorites was driving my grandma to the grocery store at 13 on a regular road to the grocery store-How cool is that! Really, it is an amazing place and I hope to retire there myself someday.

Best wishes,

Anja Howard
Prudential Towne Realty
Suzi Byrd, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Hi Murphy! I live in Sun City Palm Desert and I moved here when I was ONLY 52 (my husband was over 55) 7 years ago. I have never felt that I was too young for the community. We decided on Sun City because the monthly homeowner's fee is one of the lowest in the Coachella Valley - only $220 per month. Plus the cost of golf is among the lowest and my husband is a big golfer. This was important to us because he is retired and I'm a full-time Realtor. If you're looking to participate in a lot of activities - there isn't ANY community that has more activities than Sun City Palm Desert. If you email your address to me I'd be happy to mail one of our monthly magazines to you which talks about all of the activities available here. Also, if you let me know what price range you'd like to be in and the number of bedrooms and square footage you're interested in, I'd be delighted to email some listings to you.

Suzi Byrd, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
Suzi @SuziByrd.com
760-861-3608
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Murphy: There are other communities in Murrieta that you may want to check out also. The Colony
by Ryland Homes, Mastercraft and Crowell & David.

I have some relatives that live in there and they absolutely love it!
If you don't have an agent I would love to show you around.
Web Reference:  http://www.soreal.biz
Dolores Thain, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Wed Feb 17, 2010
May I suggest another ACTIVE adult community to you near Sun City, AZ. The development is Trilogy at Vistancia and is located in Peoria, AZ, just north of Sun City. The average age in Trilogy is 58 years old. There are many amenities in this community, i.e., two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), spa (massages, facials, nails, etc), golf, tennis, pickleball, billiards, learning center, and a host of at least 20 - 25 clubs to join. This community is nestled in the foothills of the West, only 20 minutes from Lake Pleasant. I personally live in Trilogy and have been listing and selling homes in Trilogy for over 4 years - 10 years prior to that in other areas of AZ. Just give me a call (602-818-7828) or send an email: Dolores@DoloresThain.com and I can give you more information. Thank you.
Elizabeth Sc…, Agent, Palm Desert, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
Sun City Shadow Hills might interest you more than Sun City. It is full of activities, clubs, great golf etc. With so many communities to choose from you will certainly find your fit in the desert. Trilogy is another senior community with an active crowd, the plus and minus of it is that it is a little remote. Heritage is the only other "senior" community, short of mobile homes home communities of which there are plenty. All of these communities offer various fun clubs and activities for you to join in.

Prices are great right now. Sun City Shadow Hills has just released a new phase. I would be happy to take you there and the other communities so you could find the one that feels right to you.

Call me to schedule a time to visit our desert and see what it has to offer.

Congratulations on your retirement!
Elizabeth Schulze
License #01860415
70005 Mirage Cove Dr
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
760-969-1000 OFFICE
760-333-2134 CELL
760-770-9510 FAX

eschulze@msn.com
Victoria Mur…, , Palm Desert, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010
I have called Sun City but the sales staff is gone for the day. There are 5000 homeowners and many are young retirees. It's not necessarily true that the majority are older. When I've been there showing property, I have seen more of the younger set than the older. If you like activities, that would be your place, although it is a bit windy there. If you need any additional info, call me anytime.

victoria Murillo, Tarbell Realtors, Palm Desert
760.898.6644