Really, what IS it like to live in 27517? what do people like about this area?

Asked by Irene, Pittsboro, NC Fri Feb 26, 2010

? My specific questions are if there are continuing ed opportunities (esp non-credit courses such as arts and crafts) nearby? Do the public schools offer after-hours classes? Id also like to know if there is a YMCA or health club with a swimming pool and fitness facilities nearby?

Answers

2
Hongbin Gu, Both Buyer And Seller, 27517
Tue Mar 2, 2010
OK, I'm positive that you are talking about Meadowmont in Chapel Hill. It's in 27517. The continuing education center of UNC-Chapel Hill (Friday Center) is right cross the road from Meadowmont. There is Rashkis elementary school (the best elementary school in the best school district in NC), which offers a very good after school program. There is a YMCA outdoor swimming pool and UNC wellness center (with indoor pool and fitness facilities) right inside the Meadowmont. Are you sure that you have never been to Meadowmont? How come you know it so well?
Vivian Olkin, Agent, Carrboro, NC
Tue Mar 2, 2010
Hi Rene,
27517 covers three counties: Orange, Durham and Chatham, all of which have their own school systems and programs. If you are looking off of Mt Carmel Church Rd, depending on which area, you’ll be in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro school district, or Chatham schools. If Fearrington area, Chatham schools.

Most of the areas do not offer after school classes because of a lack of funding. However, there are many after school programs offered independently.

YMCA—there is one in Pittsboro, 2 in Chapel Hill (MLK Blvd and Meadowmont). They have pools, health club facilities, classes. There are also health clubs all over. Not all have pools so you would need to inquire about that.

Where in particular are you looking in the 27517 area? Please contact me if I can help.

Vivian Olkin, aka CrazyViv
919-624-5479
Vivian@CrazyViv.com
Web Reference:  http://CrazyVivHomes.com