My husband and I are planning to move from CA to PA and are looking for a quaint neighborhood, close to shops, day and night life, any suggestions?

Asked by Royalpmz, Rancho Cucamonga, CA Mon Aug 27, 2012

My husband will be working in Breinigsville, PA and I will be looking for work throughout the neighboring cities/town. We are looking to rent a house/condo/townhome, etc. price range $895-$1100. We are looking for a SAFE neighborhood, close to shops, restaurants, etc. Please provide any advice, suggestions, etc. Thank you

Answers

9
Jc, ,
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Kidspeace is close if you're working in mental health prob the largest mental health employer in the area. Macungie is nice and close to there but if you're looking for more activity (cultural, shops, restaurants) I'd look in the direction of Bethlehem (historic or north, not south).
Thanks so much. I am actually going to be working in the mental health field. I am working on my masters in mental health for the LPC license and will be looking for a place to do my internship. Thanks so much for that info JC.
Flag Sun Sep 23, 2012
christopher_…, Home Buyer, Allentown, PA
Mon Sep 17, 2012
RoyalPmz, never got your email but my offer is still open. Feel free to send an email - we can set up a time to chat. - Chris
do you skype?
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
oh I'm sorry, it was sent. I am available to chat whenever, just studying right now. I will email you right now.
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
kmacungie200…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
We moved here a while ago (13 years) from Ca. I'd be happy to fill you in on the area. Breinigsville / Macungie is a pretty safe area. Re: advice - like Christopher said - I'd be happy to give you my observations on the area also.
Kim Kmacungie2000-ao@yahoo.com
Thanks Kim, I just sent you an email.
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012
Patrick and…, Agent, Allentown, PA
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Hello again
I understand your concerns but i think all the agents responding would have a hard time guiding you in your home search with out a bit more information. As licensed Realtors we have a code of ethics to stand by. We cannot pick out neighborhoods which we feel are safe for you or your family as making that call could be considered steering. Please take some time to research the Lehigh Valley, call some area chambers, search online for crime statistics etc... This will give you a better since of where you need to be and will allow an agent help make the transition easier for your family.
Blessings in your search!
Fri Aug 31, 2012
My wife and I just moved (1.5 months) from the San Gabriel Valley. Feel free to send me an email for my observations of the area - christopher_t_h_liang@yahoo.com
Thanks Christopher, I just sent you an email.
Flag Fri Aug 31, 2012
Bob Berner, Agent, Allentown, PA
Tue Aug 28, 2012
Hi Roylapmz,

This isn't really a question that is easy for a Licensed Real Estate Salesperson or Broker to answer. We legally can't give you advice as to the safety or quality of a particular neighborhood. Since you are concerned about Safety, what I can suggest is that you take a look at the State Police website for crime statistics here: http://ucr.psp.state.pa.us/ibi_apps/WFServlet I also find both Google maps (satellite) and Google Earth very helpful in exploring an area from the convenience of my computer.

The Lehigh Valley is a varied and diverse area with lots of different neighborhoods and communities. We have many nice parks and shopping and shopping areas. We are only about an hour from Philadelphia and 90 minutes from NYC. Another handy website is http://www.Walkscore.com. Let me know if you have any specific questions or want further help in your search. Thanks for asking! Congratulations on your husband's new job and good luck with your house hunting!!
OH and THANK YOU for the website Walkscore.com I'm exploring it right now, very helpful.
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
Thank you Bob for your response. I have done some research and have reviewed the information from the state police website, the information is useful, and helps but I'm looking for feedback from residents in different neighborhoods. I stumbled upon this website and found some feedback from residents and found that helpful, and wanted to get more information about some of the neighborhoods we were considering. If you know of other websites that offer blogs, etc. I would appreciate it. Also do you only service Allentown? We are looking at Pottstown as a potential residence but am unsure if they offer the amenities we are looking for. Thanks again for your honest reply.
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
Royalpmz, Renter, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
I am looking for some feedback regarding neighborhoods before I contact any real estate agents, I want honest feedback regarding the different neighborhoods that those living there would recommend and give feedback. Thanks
As a life-long resident of the Lehigh Valley, I can attest to the high quality of life in this area, as well as provide many real estate options. Smaller communities near Breinigsville include Trexlertown, Fogelsville, Macungie, Emmaus and Alburtis. Each of these small towns enjoy great schools, easy commuter locations and extensive services. In general, this area offers year round opportunities to enjoy music festivals, culinary experiences, sporting events, local flavor, and the natural beauty of Pennsylvania. Statistics on each of these small towns are easily found on-line. Take a look, compare and contact me directly, either by email or telephone. I'm happy to share my insight and personal experience, in addition to narrowing down areas based on your personal criteria in choosing a home.
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
Cathy Reese, Agent, Allentown, PA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
I would love to send you some listings for your consideration. Allentown, Bethlehem and surrounds will offer some great rental opportunities. Rentals in this area are averaging 1200.00. Contact me with specific criteria and I'll search the current offerings.
Patrick and…, Agent, Allentown, PA
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Evening

I'll be happy to send you what is available in the area to meet your needs. Please feel free to contact me via email, cell or text.

484-330-6619
Pruddellc21@yahoo.com