My fiance & I have bad credit but we are looking to rent a house & move out of our apt, how would we be able to do this with bad credit &

Asked by Erin Bradley, Palm Bay, FL Wed Oct 5, 2011

little $$?

Answers

6
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Wed Oct 5, 2011
I agree with a few of the postings here. Very often, landlords do not check credit or care about it. If it comes up, be truthful. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that 25% of the population is having credit issues now. References are very important. Send me an email if you would like a generic rental application that I send out to potential renters. A neat, complete rental application goes a long way.
On the flip side, be wary of a landlord that is too easy to take renters with so-so credit. They may be a little too eager to get you in there.

Frank
Steve Vitani, Agent, North Bay, NY
Wed Oct 5, 2011
Hi Erin,

Bad credit, ok well depends how bad is bad, and will depend on circumstance with some landlords. There are various compensating factors that can outweigh bad credit such as, Stable income, rental history, and some others. It's really case by case. Best bet is to contact a Realtor that has dealt with many renters with sub par credit that knows how to present the case. If I can be of any help in the matter, I would be glad to help.
Steve Vitani-Re/Max Elite
Leslie Purdy, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Wed Oct 5, 2011
Hey Erin:

Landlords don't usually care so much about credit, as long as rental history is good & you have stable income. You will need at least 1st month's rent & deposit.. Let's talk at pool league on Thursday!
Web Reference:  http://www.321HomeStore.com
Joan Willis, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Wed Oct 5, 2011
First you will need to work on fixing your credit. Homeowners will do a credit check and consider it in their evaluation of whether to rent their home to you, so you will need to have a fair-good credit in order to start looking for a rental home. E-mail me at brevardsbestrealty@yahoo.com and I will send you some credit repair info.
Edyta Gryc, Agent, Naperville, IL
Wed Oct 5, 2011
There are landlords that will accept tenants with bad credit. Than, you may be asked for 1st, last & security deposit for move-in and/or proof of income. It really depends on the landlord.
Good luck with your searches!
Kristie Esca…, Agent, Indian Harbour Beach, FL
Wed Oct 5, 2011
Erin,
Bad credit can definitely be a detriment when trying to rent a house. Your best bet would be to ask a relative or friend with good credit to co-sign for you.

Please call me if I can be further help!

Kristie Escalera
Century 21 Spectrum
321-795-3622