Looking to relocate along the coast. How far is Port Charlotte from the seashore?

Asked by Sonnyvio, Port Charlotte, FL Wed Oct 19, 2011

Answers

8
Robbie Sifrit’s answer
Robbie Sifrit, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Good Morning Sonny:

Port Charlotte is situated on Charlotte Harbor where the Peace and Myakka Rivers come together. The harbor goes out to the Gulf of Mexico which is about an hour's boat ride through the harbor. However, to get to the Gulf beaches by car is about a 20 minute drive which would take you to Englewood Beach. A little farther drive to the north is Venice beach and to the south Fort Myers beach. There are several other beach areas within a short distance including Boca Grande, Nokomis, Sanibel Island, Siesta Key, and more. Again, the west coast is the shoreline on the Gulf of Mexico.

Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda also have an extensive canal system and many of these canals lead out to Charlotte Harbor. So we have lots of "waterfront" properties.

Let me know if you have any other questions about our area or the relocation process. I specialize in out-of-town buyers and would be happy to assist you any way I can.

Thanks.

Linda Atkinson, PA, ABR, GRI
Customer Resource Coordinator
for the Sifrit and Dees Team
ReMax Anchor of Marina Park
Punta Gorda, FL
941-661-4294
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Hi Sonnyvio,
Have you thought about Cape Coral? We are rated one of the top places to retire by Money Magazine and the 2nd safest city in Florida. We have homes priced below replacement value and offer Gulf access properties at affordable prices. I would be happy to answer any questions about the area if you are interested.

Have a great day,
Nancy

Nancy Doyle
239-209-2237
nancy.doyle1@comcast.net
http://www.nancyd.listinbook.com
Anthony Cinc…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Have you also looked at Fort Myers area? Sanibel Island has great beaches and was ranked #1 in the world for Shelling and incredibly soft,Talc like sand and is very close as well as Fort Myers beach.

Florida is chock full of great beaches and communities. Visit some areas first if you can and explore. That's how I found my home in Cape Coral and I couldn't be happier

If you must move to the area without being able to visit first I encourage you to consider renting first to give you some time to learn about the area and what the various communities have to offer. Prices on homes are not going to shoot up in the short term and you sure don't want to purchase a home in an area only to discover that it isn't what you were looking for.

Purchasing a home in a new area is a major life changing event and you should go in armed with as much knowledge as you can. It's one purchase you really don't want to have buyers remorse over. If you are not happy with where you choose for "Home" you won't be able to truly enjoy all the wonderful things that come with living "The Florida Lifestyle"

I wish you the best of luck and if I can help in any way please feel free to reach out to me no matter where you choose to live. I am always glad to be of assistance.

Have a wonderful day!

Anthony
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Charlotte County is ideally situated on Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast. It has 694 square miles of canals, 219 miles of shoreline, 70 parks and recreation areas, including a 65,000 acre wildlife management area, and 12.5 miles of Gulf Coast beaches. Charlotte County offers marinas and boating clubs for power and sail boats alike. Choose from over 14 magnificent golf courses throughout Charlotte County, ranging from executive to championship.

Gulf beaches are 30-35 minutes from the Murdock area of Port Charlotte. 40 minutes to Venice or Nokomis Beach in Sarasota County.

Beaches located within Charlotte County

Don Pedro Island State Park – Boca Grande
Only accessible by private boat. Offering swimming, shelling, picnicking, hiking and fishing.

Englewood Beach – Englewood
Pavillion, boardwalk, grills, picnic shelters, playground, volleyball and basketball courts, fishing, horseshoes, and restrooms.

Port Charlotte Beach Park – Port Charlotte
Fishing, boat ramps, canoe and kayaking, basketball court, tennis court, volleyball courts, bocce ball, horseshoes, picnic shelter, playground, swimming pool, beach, restrooms, and a recreation center with room rentals available.

Stump Pass Beach State Park – Englewood
Southernmost end of Manasota Key. Sunbathing, shelling, fishing, outdoor showers, restrooms, and shelter.

Our office is located in Port Charlotte and I live in Port Charlotte. I would be happy to send you some listings, but feel free to search our web site for homes of interest as well.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com, 941-276-6185
http://www.greenlionrealty.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Sonny,

Yes, Port Charlotte is 20-30 minuts (depending on your location) from the popular local beaches. We recommend previewing the area between Sarasota and South Venice for ease of access to beaches where most locations are extremely handy to the shore.

James Mullig…, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Sonnyvio,

Port Charlotte is quite a large town and some of its sections slike Gulf Cove and South Gulf Cove are no more than 20 minutes to the beach at Englwood on Manasota Key. Other sections like Murdock or the New York section are 30 to 35 minutes to Englewood Beach. Englewood Beach is quite nice and is much more quiet and uncrowded than other beaches such as Fort Myers and Sarasota. Click this link for a video tour of Englewood Beach: http://www.suncoasteam.com/articles/119.html

Port Charlott is on Charlotte Harbor, a very nice, protected body of water. If you have an interest in boating, Port Charlotte could be a very good alternative because it has many nice canals and fast access to Charlotte Harbor then to the Gulf. Charlotte Harbor is well know for its great fishing and boating as well as a wonderful place for sailing. There is a large group of sailors who race regularly and get together to find great anchorages and relax.

Port Charlotte also has its own small beach complex on the harbor. It has a long pier, a pool, excellent boat ramps and a beautiful long, sandy beach with shaded picnic tables and facilities. Click this link for a video tour of the Port Charlotte Beach complex: http://www.suncoasteam.com/articles/121.html

Overall, I find Port Charlotte a very nice place to live. The prices of homes and condos are very good at this time and it has just once again gained national attention from US News (article Oct 17, 2011) for its great values.

There are also other great towns and cities surrounding Port Charlotte that might interest you. Norht Port is a fast growing city just to the north, Punta Gorda is a beautiful and historic small city just to the south and Rotonda is an especially popular destination for golf enthusiasts to the west and is only 10 - 15 minutes to Englewood Beach!

Please let me know if there is anyway I can help you. There is more information about the area on our website and I would be happy to answer any specific questions if you call or email.

Jim

James Mulligan
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Suncoasteam Realty
PO Box 380503
Murdock, FL 33938
941-456-3034
Web Reference:  http://www.suncoasteam.com
Lorrie Tanks…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Hi - You can be at several Gulf beaches between Fort Myers and Sarasota within an hour. The closest beaches we have to the Port Charlotte area would be beautiful Boca Grande or Englewood Beach. With the flow of 55 mph traffic along Hwy 776 (El Jobean Rd/McCall Rd), you can be to either of those from Port Charlotte within 25-30 minutes. If you would like some assistance in finding your new home in our beautiful area of SW Florida, please contact me directly with your criteria and I can set up a search for you right away. Thank you. Lorrie Tanksley, Realtor, Coldwell Banker Sunstar Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.HomeInSWFL.com
Kevin Weise, Agent, North Port, FL
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Hi Sonny! Port Charlotte has a small Beach with a park, Public pool, fishing pier and boat ramp right in the City. Not the best place to bath in the water though. Most people prefer Manasota Beach in Englewood, which is about a 25 minute drive from Pt Charlotte, depending on where you are located within the City. The best place would be Siesta Key in Sarasota! This has consistantly been rated the 1 or 2 Best Beach in the World! and it happens to only be about a 40-45 minute drive from Port Charlotte. There are also several other beaches not to far.

If you would like to discuss anything else feel free to contatc me at anytime, good luck!