Is this neighborhood/community ok? For the price, it seems to good to be true, whats the catch?

Asked by Rosiesworld, Inglewood, CA Fri Oct 28, 2011

Answers

10
Don’s answer
Don, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Jun 17, 2012
gangs. dogs. drugs. shooting. real estate agents are here to sell you a home and lie. the houses are constantly improving but the area has a bad rep due to the gang activities, etc. come at night on a sat and sun and judge for yourself. i lived here from 1982-2007. not pleasant.
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with agents. I would advise to any client asking about safety to check with the local law enforcement websites. Every buyer should educate themselves about the area they are buying into. While no one can predict the future for an area, you can get a pretty good idea when studying the past and looking at the economic profile of the neighborhood.
Flag Thu Jul 5, 2012
Alvin Jackson…, Renter, Inglewood, CA
Mon Sep 9, 2013
I have lived in this area forever, this house is way over priced the area has gangs, drugs, and some of the worst schools trash and graffiti everywhere
Donna, Home Buyer, 90043
Sun Aug 25, 2013
I have lived in this area all my life. I say wait for the next housing bubble to burst. These very inflated prices are too high for the area. The same homes were in the $200 - 300k's. The area is OK but certainly not worth the prices folk are asking for these days!
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon Oct 31, 2011
Hi Rosiesworld:

Park Mesa Heights is part of the City of Los Angeles, which is a very diverse community. They have a Park Mesa Heights Community Council in which you can get some further information regarding the demographics of the area. I have attached the link below.

The area has changed a lot over the past several years due to the change in property ownership, whereas, the home prices have been lower, and people wanting to obtain homeownership have moved in, upgrading the homes and having pride of ownership. Also, the City of Los Angeles has made great strides in attempting to bring in businesses and to beautify many of the major areas, like the Crenshaw District.

Take a look at the website.

Good luck and all the best,

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@prula.com
Park Mesa Hgts is a diverse mix of Hispanic, Black, Asian and White residents, most of whom are home owners. According to 77th Division LAPD, Park Mes Hgts has one of the lowest crime rates in the entire divison. We don't have gangs, or graffitt. There is a Charter middle ahd high school in the immediate area. We take great price in our residential properties and welcome new neighbors. Property values have recently risen to more realistic levels, but there are a few that I would consider to be overpriced. Most however, fall within reasonable price points conisdering that the lots are fairly large, the homes are vintage and have withstood the elements for decades. The area is very stable. People move here and don't leave, so the average length of ownership easily exceeds what you might find elsewhere.
Flag Thu Nov 20, 2014
Flag Thu Nov 20, 2014
Erik Bottema, Agent, La Canada, CA
Sat Oct 29, 2011
Hey,
Please contact me below and we can discuss this home and others if it does not fit your needs. I would be pleased to help you with your search. There are plenty of options for you. I am an honest and down to earth realtor who will help you find something to make YOU and your family happy.
As a bonus, I will credit you up to 1% of the home price back through escrow on any home purchase of over 125,000! This could save you thousands!
Call or text me anytime...

Erik Bottema, Realtor http://www.SoCalCashbackRealty.com
Meridian Capital Real Estate
DRE #01895909, Member SRAR, NAR, CAR

Cell: (818) 426-1700
email: edbottema@gmail.com
PO Box 311, La Canada, CA 91012
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Hello Rosiesworld, what is the property address of the property you are interested in. I can send you some more information about the property and area if you like. There are a lot of great properties and good deals in the area.

I look forward to speaking with you.
Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
David and He…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Good afternoon!

I do like this area and there are pockets where the walk-ability is great! I live not too far from this area and I love it. Are you looking to buy here? If you like, we can discuss your options.

I hope you have a great evening!

Heather
Todd Freling…, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Fri Oct 28, 2011
My office is 5 minutes from there. If you can send the address I can get started helping you make a decision. If you prefer speaking over the phone, my phone number is below.

Todd Frelinger
The Real Estate Consultants

7151 W. Manchester Ave
Westchester, CA 90045

(310) 968-5387

toddfrelinger@yahoo.com
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Oct 28, 2011
HI ROSIE;
PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH THE PROPERTY PARTICULARS AND I'LL HELP YOU OUT.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
DJ Bonner, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Hi Rosie,
Address did not show up, but please email me the address/location and I'll be happy to look it up for you.
DJ Bonner
djbonner@kw.com