Is this a safe neighboorhood for retirees---without Chinese drywall problems?

Asked by jan_wakin2001, Meddybemps, ME Sun Oct 2, 2011

Answers

4
Carmelo Burg…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sun Oct 2, 2011
There are many retirees in this area - like anywhere else - there are good areas and not so good - best way is to inquire at the local sheriff's dept and ask about statistics and or about area - once you have decided on a home - best thing to do is to have an inspection done - it should not only cover possible issues with chinese (I guess latest terminology is "defective drywall") drywall but also any other issues house may have

I'm located in Lehigh Acres

Carmelo Burgos Jr. - CDPE, SFR
RE/MAX Realty Team
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Oct 2, 2011
For any safety concerns, do contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand; if unfamiliar with the area, do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc.; as for any drywall issues, do conduct a home inspection, if any problems exist, they will arise...
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Oct 2, 2011
If you like to know any neighborhood in USA visit my website http://www.brooklynrealestatenyc.com click neighborhood, scroll down to the page under further reading click homefacts .You will get the idea about your neighborhood.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Oct 2, 2011
I cannot answer for the neighborhood; in fact, I would suggest that YOU visit the neighborhood and form your own opinion.

As far as the Drywall is concerned;
If you buy a house that was built before 2001 you'll probably be Ok.
If the house has a problem with this, a good Inspection should reveal the bad drywall after 9-10 years.

If you're concerned, purchase a Home Warranty at the time of the Escrow; you cannot buy it later.

Good luck and may God bless