Christina &…, Home Buyer in Oxnard, CA

Is there mello-roos and other special assessments besides HOA fees?

Asked by Christina & Michael Talbot, Oxnard, CA Tue Jul 31, 2012

Answers

4
Blanca Dover, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Fri May 3, 2013
Hi Christina & Michael,

It depends which home and area you are inquiring about. Not all places that have HOA fees have Mello-Roos fees. If you let me know specifically I would be able to answer your question.

Blanca Dover, REALTOR
Century21 Hometown Realty

Website: http://www.blancadover.com
Web Reference:  http://www.blancadover.com
Gale Wergela…, Agent, Oxnard, CA
Fri Aug 3, 2012
No Mello-Roos. Some type assessments for schools, landscape districts, etc. as everyone else in the city and/or state pays. There is an open house this Sunday 1-4, if you'd like to check it out.
Heidi Golff, Agent, Ventura, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Which neighborhood are you talking about, Christina? I can help you further if I have the address of the home you are interested in.
Terra Bruns, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
Here in Santa Clarita, we have areas that have Mello Roos and some areas that have a special bond tax for schools and firehouses, etc. It depends on the development that you are looking to buy in and whether the developer passed it on to the buyers. Some times the tax isn't too exorbitant, and other times it is downright CRAZY!! Just let your realtor know that you don't want Mello Roos, and they can filter your search appropriately. Also, they should be able to give you a link that you can go to and find out almost exactly what the taxes will be for that home, so you can go into any purchase with your eyes wide open. I hope this was helpful!
Can you provide the site where you can find out what the taxes on a particular home will be?
Flag Thu Oct 4, 2012