Is it good place for children 10yrs of age to live in laguna beach?

Asked by Kathy Pawlina, Laguna Niguel, CA Fri Apr 9, 2010

Answers

5
Suzanne Tayl…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Sat Apr 10, 2010
Kathy,
We have public and private schools for children in Laguna, lots of parks in the local neighborhoods and a very active parent support system. We also have buses picking up children in many neighborhoods. Oak Street closes down on Halloween for families to trick or treat together. There is a Boys and Girls Club on Laguna Canyon Road. The Temple Hills, Top of the World and and Mystic Hills areas are close to the public school for your child with many rentals and homes for sale available. During the summer, the Sawdust Festival has educational activities for children to intereact with the artists. If you decide to live here, you will find Laguna a wonderful place to raise your family.
Let me know if we can be of assistance.
Suzanne Taylor, Prudential CA Realty, Laguna Beach, 949-499-5900 ext. 259
Mr. Blue, Home Buyer, Laguna Beach, CA
Fri May 7, 2010
YES!!! It is a very family favorable area, we love it. And it is small enough that the parents know each other's kids and look out for them. The schools are top notch but haven't adopted the rat race mentality of other schools in the OC.
Hula949, Home Buyer, Laguna Niguel, CA
Fri Apr 16, 2010
I lived in Laguna Beach from 1997 to 2007. I left when my child was 7 and am so happy that I did. I talked to a lot of kids who went to LB Highschool and they all recommended that I not have my child attend highschool at Beach. I moved to Laguna Niguel and I couldn't be happier. The schools are older but they have great daycare and wonderful communities. My child is growing up in a community that values education and encourages its children to be empathetic and caring and well rounded. I couldn't ask for anything more. Of all the neighborhoods in Laguna, Top of the World is very kidcentric.
Good move- Not buyng the Laguna Beach Kooliaid. The beaches and natural surroundings cannot be beaten; probably one of the most beautiful places in the world. The people however, leave so much to be desired. Kids are rude, precocious, spoiled brats with zero manners. Makes one wonder until of course you meet the parents. As the saying goes and it has such profound meaning here, "money does not buy you class." If you are looking for a secular community whose people drive 60-70 down kid filled neighborhood streets, Laguna Beach is the place for you. You would think they would feel so very grateful to live here?
Flag Fri Aug 21, 2015
Why did the kids you talked to not encourage your kids to go to Beach? Thinking of moving to LB and I have 2 high school kids.
Flag Mon Jul 29, 2013
Louwu, , Irvine, CA
Mon Apr 12, 2010
I personally love laguna beach, but I gotta be honest with you: kids tend to grow up much more relaxed than other areas. Now this could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you want to look at it. They're more socialable, but less interested in education. That's just my opinion, but every 18-22 year old i've met from that area don't tend to be rated highly in the education arena but are great kids.

Just my 2 cents. Personally, i'd raise kids there :) But then again, I spoil my children...

Cheers,

Lou
Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Fri Apr 9, 2010
Hi Kathy,

Of course....I had a couple of small children when I lived in Laguna Beach. They attended Anneliese's Schools and just loved it. We would walk down to the beach after school and enjoyed the Sawdust Festival in summers. I just loved it. There are quiet streets and interesting people...it was a great time of my life.

Since then, I've moved to Mission Viejo....but Laguna will always hold a special spot in my heart.

Karen