Is being friendly with your neighbors important to you? Why?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Wed Dec 19, 2012

Share why being friendly with your neighbors is important to you to be entered to win a $100 American Express Gift Card.

See the official rules here: http://info.trulia.com/December-Neighbors

Answers

118
Laureen Ryps…, Home Seller, Steger, IL
Tue Apr 2, 2013
iT DEPENDS ON THE NEIGHBORS YOU HAVE, I HAVE SOME NEIGHBORS THAT WILL GO OUT OF THERE WAY TO HELP YOU THEN THERE ARE OTHERS THAT DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU. SO I HELP THE ONES I KNOW WILL REALLY GO THE MILE FOR MY FAMILY AND I JUST SAY HELLO TO THE OTHERS.
You know where we are nobody ever waves even - ever. We moved from the country & everybody waved and I miss that too! I am sure it isn't us either because it has been like that from day 1 & the whole subdivision is that way & it's big. At least you are all friendly enough to wave even if you aren't close, that is really nice and worth a lot. The houses where we are now are so close together, I can see like 10 yards from mine & it seems like everyone wants to pretend/wishes they had no neighbor's and disruption to that illusion or delusion better yet is a violation. Anyways, I like the way you live in your neighborhood and I prefer that as well. I miss my old neighbors who were & will remain dear friends to me always, though clearly we are all sad & it isn't the same not being neighbor's anymore. FYI- If I were your neighbor I would care/do care what happens to everyone & would help anyone (even my neighbor with the evil eye, lol)! Take Good Care!!
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Art & Kather…, Home Buyer, Wake Forest, NC
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Sadly, we just lost our home & belongings in a house fire - everything and now are temporarily renting a home while insurance matters are dealt with and can eventually buy a new home of our own. I am sad as we have two special needs small children who have struggled with the trauma and resulting transitions. They yell often, cry, have tantrums as they are 2 & 4 years old. Life has been stressful, my husband and I had a few spats and didn't realize the windows were open. So, I know we are not ideal neighbors thus far but what is hard is this: I left the house about 2 weeks ago and my neighbor first time I ever saw her gave me the dirtiest of looks. I realize it may be deserved but I am so sad, feel incredibly uncomfortable here & we really are mostly quiet with just a few times all in all we weren't or with the kids we do our best to tend to them quickly. We listen to dogs bark, people outside visiting, music and the like happily. I guess I just wish I didn't receive such a hateful look as now on top of our own struggles and recovery I can't even walk outside or go to my car without feeling ashamed which is such an awful feeling. I share this because sometimes a little patience & kindness could go a long way and we don't always know what someone is going through. Being on the receiving end of such a hateful look hurts and I hope never to do that to anyone. I cannot change the past but we truly are quiet as we can be all and all, I just wish two arguments with the window's open & having young children didn't result in hate without hope. Anyways, being neighborly is important and before we judge or determine someone is a bad neighbor we should always check ourselves for our own noises caused and endured by them and at least extend a drop of patience to see if they are truly bad and loud people or not. Thanks for listening and I hope it is okay what I shared - it feels nice to say this to someone - Thanks Again!
Jeff Hatcher, Other Pro, West Jordan, UT
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Some good comments there.

I agree that you can't necessarily always 'PICK' your neighbors. You can initially at move in time, but after that changes are out of your control.

Not so important to know my neighbors in depth, but being friendly is a requirement. Some friendships may go beyond and if so, great. If not, well at least you've been friendly so they are not your enemies.

Don't your neighbors to be your enemies.
John Carter, , New York
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Good neighbors are important. yes it is very important because i rembered the saying of Hillary Clinton said,"It takes a village to raise a child." Our neighbors are our village. My son knows our neighbors, and I'm glad for that. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where I have good neighbors. My son has had the opportunity to learn from the older gentlemen in the neighborhood, and being exposed to these older men has enriched his life. And they in turn have gotten a lot of joy from associating with my son. My son has also played with and done activities with others in the neighborhood, and through neighbors, he's come to appreciate the idea that we have something in common with everyone. Perhaps sometimes we should focus on our similarities, and not our differences.
thanks
BY: John(http://www.webhostingbillboard.com/)
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Yes, it is. I want to be surrounded by people who make the community a comfortable place to be a part of. I certainly don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of misanthropic "leave me alone" types - personally, if you want to be left alone, don't live near a lot of people!
MarZia RiVera, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Sat Dec 22, 2012
ABSOLUTELY it matters! It is very important to have great neighbors as your backyard proximity is so close in most neighborhoods when you are hanging out in your backyard your just a stone throw from theirs. Not only that but it is so much more fun when your neighbors become your friends. Now you can enjoy the party going on next door with the load music because you are invited. But if you fall in love with a home and a neighbor is not so friendly, take the high road, you always smile, wave and be neighborly, kill them with kindness they will have no choice but to at least think of you in a kind way even if here personality does not give way to making friends. You will feel great at the end of each day.

Enjoy
Marzia Rivera, Broker
http://www.SouthernWorldClassRealty.com
P- 239-540-4884 | F- 888-540-4884
vxb110830, , Plano, TX
Sat Dec 22, 2012
No, it's not. Most people don't want neighbors to meet, or be nice, or even speak to them. You can see this everyday when you pass people who are your neighbors and they don't smile, speak, or even wave at you. It's far worse if you live in a neighborhood where you are a minority....if you are dark skinned in a lighter neighborhood, a southerner in a northern city, or anything different. The fact is, most people are more afraid of their neighbors or don't even want to be reminded that they exist, rather than trying to even pretend to be nice. So nice neighbors....yeah, those are a thing of the past. Anyone who says they are important, I'd really like to see how many neighbors they really are friendly with...because I doubt it's many at all.
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Living in a gated community definitely has it's fine points. My community is lush with neighbors with many different cultures and exotic traditions. I found them fascinating to meet new people and learn a little big about their culture and traditions. The busy life that we live can present dicey situations to confront with at instances. That's another good reason to be around good neighbors who can contribute their bit in saving us from tough times when we needed it. Great neighbors fills our hearts and homes with love and laughter and help us see how wonderful this world can be if we all like and learn how to enjoy each other company.

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

Cell: 954 240-5521

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
westhomeserv…, Home Buyer, Birchwood, TN
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Yes, we should all know our neighbors. God says we should love our neighbor as ourselves. I want to treat them as I would want to be treated. You never know how you may be able to help them or they in turn help you. When we have elderly neighbors we should look in on them to be sure they are alright or help them if they need it. You should make friends with their animals also and help take care of them if needed and hopefully your neighbor will do the same for you. In this day and time everyone needs to know their neighbors for saftey. Neighborhood watch programs work. It is nice to be there for each other when you are sick and can't get out to go to the store. I had young children and my neighbor had a very nice teenage son and daughter. The daughter would baby sit when I needed help and the son would cut the grass when my lawnmower broke. I paid them of course. It is nice to have friends surrounding you. It makes me happy.
Jody Epstein, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Of course! Nothing compares to having a good relationship with your neighbor. They are the closest folks to help in an emergency. Maintaining good relationships with neighbors is crucial. Remember them this holiday season!
does 303 lakeridge rd 76108 lakeside tx home have a view through the sliding glassdoor into the sunroom
Flag Wed Jun 22, 2016
Jean Singlet…, Agent, Saratoga Springs, NY
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Being friendly with our neighbors is important for lots of reasons. I suppose, these days - safety is on most minds. We all watch out for each others' homes and stop by and say if we notice anything that seems to be unusual activity. Once, I came home and my neighbor told me he'd caught a rabid racoon in my back yard! But - equally important is that sense of community caring that comes with knowing your neighbors and what they're going through. In our previous house, we had an elderly neighbor that lived alone up the street. For years, every morning he'd come up onto our porch and knock on the window. He'd wave - we'd wave, and then he'd continue his dog walk. He just wanted someone to know he'd made it through the night ok. And when he didn't show up - we'd go up the street to make sure he was ok. It was wonderful for my son to have that in his life when he was little - a connect with someone 90 years old - someone who bought ice cream to share with him, and who loved it when Joshua drew him pictures - and who knew what it was like to live on that street when it was just a trolley track running down the middle of a dirt road. And even though Mr. G. was doing for his own sense of safety and security - that regular daily wave added to Joshua's sense of safety and security, as well. No man is an island. No matter what we might think or sometimes feel. We do need each other.
Emem Masorong, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Oct 6, 2017
I think it's important. Actually, I lived with a family that had resentments just with our closest neighbor. I mean, the house looks the same. It's a duplex. They are Filipino-Chinese and we are Filipino-Muslims. I don't know why my mother is selfish of the vacant lot in front of us that was given to us back then, when we moved to the condo of my bro and sisters, they were angry and told the Chinese to back off the lot we own and don't park there. They parked their car there. Sometimes, they are alright. Mom and the other mom would talk friendly to each other, but I don't know why my mom is faking their friendship together. We feel kinda different from the world because we live in a Christian dominated society of the Philippines, Luzon, and my parents along the way just got hurt by other people even Moslems, so they're not that friendly to everybody and untrusting. I guess they just went through a lot. As for me, I was a friendly child and quite noisy back in grade school, but when I reached high school, I became shier and shier. I had more friends in the neighborhood rather than school. When I went to college, I tried to be more sociable, but I was experiencing panic attacks that resulted to my drop off. This happened 2 times already. Last college life was hell. I changed my name to Sin as I became more religious because I prayed and prayed that resulted to my recovery from a paralisation in bed for 1 year and 3 months. I smoke, so maybe the bad name was got from my vices and sins. I changed my name back after I kicked myself out of school, and realizing it was all in vain to change my name, and I got into fights, and the last fight was with my classmate. Long story short, he thought I was stealing her girl when she just looked at me when I was not wearing school uniform and was going up stairs like she is attracted. The guy started hitting on me with words and I got pissed and we fought. Blah blah blah. I was kinda disgusted with myself for everything. So... Back to the question. I think it's important to really get along well with your neighbors because right now, I am becoming more friendly to everybody. I am limp and as I was mostly at home, I started reading PDF Books I downloaded for free on Google(just search title with pdf free), and I read How To Win Friends and Influence People. I'm starting to work out my social life. Right now, I'm approaching people and talking to them. I already made some friends in our condo neighborhood. Being friends can give you opportunities even money related. They can offer help, advice, someone to talk to, life, social proof, status, among others. Instead of the other way around, we need to harmonize with people. We are social animals. Relationships are important. You are considered successful if you are an Alpha of the pack or just simply a friend to the people around you.

Wanna know why I became limp? I'm still going to walk again normally btw. Know here: http://www.focusondisability.org.uk/forum.html#bn-forum-1-1-…
Carol Rutgers, Agent, Bluffton, SC
Tue Sep 17, 2013
Yes, being friendly with my neighbors is important to me. When buying my first home, I was very drawn to the friendliness of the neighborhood. The neighbors had a block party each year and were very organized. We all watched out for each other (e.g., snow blowing the sidewalks for the elderly homeowners, making sure the children were okay at the bus stops, offering to walk someone's dog when they had other obligations, etc.).

I have now moved to a new community and looked for the same connections I had in my first home. I found it in Sun City and am very happy here. Everyone waves and smiles and speaks with each other when walking past, biking and even driving. I feel at home.
Flag Wed Jun 22, 2016
Ruth Boncord…, Home Buyer, East Bridgewater, MA
Tue Sep 17, 2013
I think we should get to know our neighbors even if we don't want to be friends. How many children have been kidnapped and locked in homes where neighbors thought something was off, but didn't call authorities! I called animal control a few weeks ago because a neighbor passed away months ago and the dogs were still caged in the yard. Once in awhile someone would visit for a few minutes, but that's not right. I would hope my neighbors also watch out for me and my family. Neighborly is always good😊
Uii, Home Buyer, Brookfield, CT
Fri Sep 13, 2013
If they are all full of Satan it cant be if they hide in their houses and live in them like prisons. My everyday life looks too much like diablo. How can a befriend anyone if they keep themselves looked in there houses like jail cells? Life was better a few years ago but thats before everyone stabbed me in the back and decided that a relationship with me was no longer important. So by not wanting to have a friendship with me they may as well not want to know Jesus Christ as their personal saviour as well.
Moe6635, Home Buyer, Naples, FL
Sun Sep 1, 2013
It as easy as been rude, with better results!
Samir, , Brookfield, CT
Sun Sep 1, 2013
Doesnt seem like that matters to our sorry excuses for "neighbors". Why must we all live around one another if we don't want to actually live together, sharing breakfast, lunch and supper and other pleasures that can only be derived from being selfless? I cannot be reverent and neighborly towards those around me thats why I cant witness to them because they are all doing whats clean in their own eyes, probably would have been better growing up around no neighbors and not going to secularized publics schools that are anti-religious and anti-christian. The vast majority of towns and neighborhoods are not utopian in nature because everyone loves Lucifer and has to be unapproachable and conceited. Communal living was a failed attempt. The more I think about it I could almost wish I never grew up in a neighborhood. Any community divided against itself cannot stand. Real communal living does not consist of "harlots" who are mercenaries, cowards who hide behind badges and sin against God by mistreating innocent men who compliment ladies,their bosoms,cleavage,rears dont seem to think practicing the golden rule is important anymore. Lucifer destroyed my communal life in our town by taking all my friends and neighbors away from me and they never apologized for disrespecting me and not at least having the common courtesy to at least say, goodbye. Im unable to be friendly to those that I am unlucky enough to live around because say has taught them that being self-centered,isolated loners is more fun. My life looks too much like Diablo. Satan tells people not to befriend their neighbors because then they might know that God is the God of light, that wished for us all to be saved and not to trust in lying words like hassling supposedly "sexual" and other lies the womens socalled movement and government has made up to tell people how to live there lives. Forcing people to have paper and metal money is wrong, thats from the Devil.
Luvpeace99, Home Buyer, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Our neighborhood is friendly, we visit if we see each other outside, & we do call each other if we are leaving town. We have some low lifes in a rental property that have many visitors that look like criminals, they throw their beer cans out in their yard, & our yard. They yell at all hours of the night, most likely sell drugs, & do not take care of their kids. We have reported them many times, & the cops don't seem to care. Can we sue the owner of the property for not evicting them? They are not welcome here, no one speaks to them, or waves to them, & they don't care. It is really sad when 1 house runs down a whole neighborhood, & we can't do anything about it.
I hope I didn't sound like them, we are not at all which is why I was sad because all my past neighbors were & still are dear friends to us. But to reply to your concern if this helps any: I used to live in condo's up in Boston & a few rowdy tenants were evicted due to numerous complaints. Don't know your laws in NV but some states, there is a fee charged after so many times calling the police. Surprised DSS or something hasn't stepped in too, in NC if you yell & there are kids in the home even if asleep & police are called to the house DSS is automatically called. Last thing: wondering: have you notified the property owner directly and/or maybe you all could sign a neighborhood petition. One other thought, if you by chance live in a subdivision wonder if you could add a rule: noise rules & violation fee which increases per complaint or something. Otherwise maybe a neighborhood visit to them, though I have had terrible neighbors when I was growing up living with Mom & no help for it.
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Christina Ra…, Agent, Festus, MO
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Being a friendly neighbor is just as important to me as having one. I'm not saying I need the "Stepford wife" community, but I want my neighborhood to feel safe and secure for my family. A polite nod or occasional wave from time-to-time never hurt anyone. I have always believed a little kindness goes a long way, especially if someone is down on their luck. A simple smile and hello can turn someone’s whole day around....and that doesn't even cost a thing!
Flag Wed Jun 22, 2016
Nancy Frantz, Agent, Altoona, PA
Fri Dec 28, 2012
You don't have to necessarily "love thy neighbor" but being friendly, yes, it is important. With just a smile and a wave hello or good bye can be beneficial to both. It's like a blue sky, bright sunshine day - it just makes you feel good. And, when I see all the neighbors out at the same time on a Saturday afternoon mowing their lawns and waving to all, I know that I live in a great neighborhood and it gives a sense of security!
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Fri Dec 28, 2012
I feel it is. It's nice to have a community feel when you walk out of your home. If you go away you want to feel that your neighbors will keep an eye on your property and vice versa. There is nothing worse then feeling uncomfortable in your own home or neighborhood. You don't have to be best friends with these people but be pleasant. Being positive and friendly does more good for the human body then most people know. Negativity, even just thoughts, releases cortisol into the body and has many negative effects. From past experience I had lousy neighbors and spent so much time thinking negatively about them, only to realize im only hurting myself with the thoughts. You get more bees with honey :)

Chris
Ayeshaasghar2, , Berlin Township, MI
Fri Dec 28, 2012
You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your neighbours. If you are lucky, you have good neighbours. But some neighbours are not pleasant and can make your life miserable at times. If you have good neighbours, consider yourself blessed. Neighbours can play an important role in our community and our lives, and remember, you are a neighbour too. :)
Jacqueline R…, Home Buyer, Flora, IL
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Yes. You can depend on each other to do thing for you. Watch the dogs, house, family and things like that. If you need help when you are ill, need a Dr. ambulance, dial 911.
macnmer, Home Seller, Dingmans Ferry, PA
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Not only is it good to be friendly for the simple reason of comradery, but it makes your neighborhood more of a family atmosphere. This way my neighbors know they can rely on me and I can rely on them.
Martina Schm…, Agent, Duanesburg, NY
Wed Dec 26, 2012
It is good to form connections with people; in good times and bad, one can turn to a neighbor for help, support, friendship. It is important to have privacy and form and maintain appropriate boundaries, but walls also are not good or beneficial in life.
Janet Nation,…, Agent, Baldwin, NY
Mon Dec 24, 2012
You can decide on the extent of your friendliness but some minimum level it is important ; you never know when you will need the help of a neighbor - NO MAN IS AN ISLAND.
John Carter, , New York
Sun Dec 23, 2012
thanks
BY: John(web hosting providers)
Israel Weber, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Dec 23, 2012
bic when u need help thay r the 1 u will have
Osoyous, Home Buyer, Tonasket, WA
Sun Dec 23, 2012
i started travelling in Washington state twelve years ago and found a small motel in dryden Wa., where we have formed a lasting friendship with the owners of the Motel. We go back each year, and look forward toseeing our friends andhave formed a lastimg friendship with them. We hope that this will last as long as we live as there is nothing like a place for us to stay inwashington State for a coupleof Canadians..We value this very much.. We share all the happenings with our families and will go back again this year to spend more happy days.
Dee McCoy, Home Buyer, Hunter Army Airfield, Savannah, GA
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Yes my neighbors provide peace and security.
Lisa Wetzel…, Agent, Gardnerville, NV
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Initially being friendly with the neighbors is not a necessity when choosing a home to purchase! Happy families that wave and say hello as I show a home to prospective purchasers certainly don't hurt ... but ... few buyers choose an area based on the neighbors.

Occasionally there is the rare exception where a buyer wants to live by a close friend or relative but those circumstances are very very rare.

Mostly buyers look for area, amenities, size, and price when choosing where to live.

Lisa Wetzel
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville, NV 89410

775-781-5472
Sat Dec 22, 2012
My neighbors are the reason i bought my home. We are a small community in a RURAL PLACE where neighbors are your security and construction crew. They have old fashioned values and drive each other 60 miles to the nearest town. I wish I could win the lottery and pay back my neighbors for their kindness.
Arksarge, Home Buyer, Mary Esther, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Yes, Not only because you have eyes looking out for your house when you aren't home, it gives you that extra warm feeling when you can talk with someone and wave at and feel a welcome feeling.
Eliziabeth P…, Home Buyer, 33950
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Extending a warm and friendly neighborly offering is so important. It sets the tone for the neighborhood sentiment and brings everyone closer. Neighborly acts allow the opportunity to be better selves. In our neighborhood, we get together several times a year and celebrate the holidays or plan on collaborative projects for the neighbor children. I'm lucky to be in a neighborhood with like minded and kind hearted neighbors.
Laureen Ryps…, Home Seller, Steger, IL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
I do have good neighbors and I am good to them too. So that isn't the problem. the problem is there are to many forclosers and quick sales in the neighborhood which is driving the price down on our homes. Its not fare to us honest people who have worked hard to pay off our houses and now we want to sell and downsize and you almost have to give your house away. We've had the same neighbors for 40 years.
Amy Gallant, Agent, West Bend, WI
Fri Dec 21, 2012
It is very important to be friendly and helpful to your neighbors! To have a great community, you have to be a good citizen. You want to have people living around you that are going to look out for you, and for your kids. In order to have that, you need to be willing to do the same. When my retired neighbors go down to Florida for the winter, my family and the neighbors behind us take turns plowing their driveway. When our lawn mower broke this past summer, our neighbors let us borrow theirs until we could replace ours. I'm grateful to live in this kind of neighborhood. So is it important to be friendly? I would say it so!
jmartisr, Home Buyer, 11953
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Joseph Marti Home Buyer, Middle Island, NY It is very important to me because we live in a sort of cuddle sac and I see them more often (almost daily) than my own family members which live miles away. Part of our community includes elderly couples and widows to whom I volunteer any kind of repairs or assistance with any task that they can't handle themselves (free of charge of course). We help each other borrowing tools, digging and cleaning after snow storms, etc. Any person walking around that is not recognize its ask in a very friendly manner. "Can I Help You?"
jama5309, Home Buyer, Coplay, PA
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Knowing and getting along with your neighbors is essential to happiness and safety. Having trust worthy people watching out for you is priceless. Who else will call you at work to tell you your husband left the garage door open.....lol and then go close it for you. These people can become an extension of your family and be a great part of your social network. Love mine!!

Janice Pitkin, Home owner, Coplay Pa
Tylon Owens, Home Buyer, Apollo Beach, FL
Fri Dec 21, 2012
They are your family that's not your family. Love them as such.
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Mary Maragna, Agent, massapequa park, NY
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Being friendly with your neighbors is very important. Everyone needs someone in a time of their life and neighbors sometimes are your closest means of getting help when needed. Aso they may be your friend with only a basic hello.
Williams_aud…, Home Buyer, Cedar City, UT
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Being friendly to your neighbors is important...Because you have to live by them. :)
Rstolis, Home Buyer, Duluth, MN
Fri Dec 21, 2012
As a single mother , my neighbors have been a blessing to me with snowplowing my walk when needed. Which living in the cold of Duluth MN has been a god-send.
Fri Dec 21, 2012
As a REALTOR for over 22 years I have had the pleasure to meet and greet many people and have made many friends due to my professional career.

I have learned throughout all these years that it is very important to help our neighbors, friends and family with any needs they may have and give them the support needed to make life a little easier in these challenged times.

It has always been said that your Neighbors are "Your Eyes and Your Ears".

That is why Neighbors need to be respected and acknowledged and are definitely
Our Extended Family.

Happy Holiday Seasons to All Our Neighbors, Friends and Family.
Roy Fain, , Lawrence, KS
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Yes it is very important. My neighbors are not just the people that live close to me. My neighbors are people throughout the community. Any time an emergency happens, neighbors go all over the community and help out others. As Brandy said, if you can read her post, The Bible lets us know that one of God's requirements of a true christian is to love your neighbor as yourself. In 2000 our community had a tornado pass through and leave alot of devastation behind. The whole mess was cleaned up in just a few days because we came together as a community and helped each other out.
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Yes. We have a great neighborhood! We have a lot of interaction with some of our neighbors and look forward to the 4th of July when almost everyone on our court heads to the street with their assortment of fireworks to celebrate. We also look out for each other, watching for suspicious activities, watching homes while they’re on vacation, etc. We also exchange cookie plates with some at Christmas.
Brandy Kemper, Home Owner, Shelbyville, KY
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Yes, the Bible tells us to love our neighbors as ourselves. Think of all the injustices/evils that wouldn't happpen if we all just applied that one Bible principle. Wow!

We really do strive to be a good neighbor to all of our neighbors. In the Bible, Jesus clearly explained who our neighbor is - not just the person who dwells next door but everyone is our neighbor.

My husband and I strive to be good neighbors to all of our neighbors and are teaching our son to do the same. Because it isn't just what they can do for us in the time of need that is important. It is working to apply Bible principles keeping in mind to live each day knowing we have an accounting with our Heavenly Father. Granted having the extra blessing now that we can dwell in peace and harmony with the neighbor next door, knowing they have your back so to speak, is wonderful too!
Phil Wotring, Home Buyer, 40045
Fri Dec 21, 2012
We live in a rural area and are not close to any of our neighbors but count on our neighbors, and they on us, to look our for our properties, pets and security. The relationship doesn't crowd our social calendar but we know that we can count on them for looking out for us. We frequently ask for and return favors. We let them know when we're not going to be home for extended periods and they do the same. We borrow from each other and are always willing to help when the chips are down. One of our neigbors clears the snow from our extensive drive in winter without us asking or asking for any payment, although we always give them a gift card or cash for fuel. I think the best neighbors are those that are there for you, yet they don't impose on you. That's our neighbors.
joel_njctc, Home Buyer, Verona, NJ
Fri Dec 21, 2012
It is a biblical principle and forms relationships.
Muhammad Anw…, Home Buyer, East Elmhurst, NY
Fri Dec 21, 2012
Yes they can take care of y kids like there own they will inform y any kind of suspecious activity.
1 2 3