Is are 5550 North Braeswood condos in the Bellaire School district, and why do we not see more of those units for sale on the internest?

Asked by Nanceal02, Roswell, GA Sun Aug 14, 2011

Answers

5
Donna Baum, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Aug 14, 2011
Yes, it is zoned to Bellaire HS. I have a listing just around the corner that is also zoned to Bellaire, a very nice 2962 sq ft patio home on a quiet cul-de-sac, for only $239,900. That is only $80/sq ft, which is unheard of for that neighborhood, and no monthly condo fee. The address on the MLS is 5524 Shadow Crest. Let me know if you are interested!
Donna Baum
281 804 8013
Donna@donnabaum.com
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Aug 14, 2011
Good Morning ...

I live just a few blocks away from the complex, and get similar questions pretty regularly. Yes, HISD shows zoning to Bellaire HS, which is a primary reason why units aren't offered for sale very often. Owners are savvy, and have no problem renting their properties to individuals with cildren of high school age. What they often do is list their units both for sale and lease, and accept whichever situation materializes first. At the moment, there are no active listings in the complex ...not surprising, since school is about to begin again. There's no telling how many "insider" sales there have been, since most are handled privately, and therefore not listed in MLS.

I trust that I've answered your questions. Please note that I know the area quite well, having lived here for years. You could well have other options. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me ... (713) 213-6350 or al@algeffon.com. I wish you well with your search.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Roger Pallas, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Aug 14, 2011
I can help you find properties in that area, but in some well appreciate communities people just won't move and it's difficult find something there and when you find it will be with a higher price. rogerinhouston@gmail.com
Jeanne Weaver, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Aug 14, 2011
It is zoned to Bellaire High School. The people who own in that complex are a very tight community and usually sell to a friend of a friend so they rarely go on the market. I used to live there and still live close by. Would love to help you find something in the area, if you like.
jweaver@cbunited.com
Susan Pesl, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Aug 14, 2011
Looks like it is zoned to Bellaire High School but you really need to confirm this with the school district. Only one unit has sold in the complex in the last year. Most people must be happy with the complex and the location since there are very few for sale.