Is a buyers agent needed? I want to buy a house in the Rock Hill/ Ft Mill area for like 90k and under?

Asked by Ron29732, Rock Hill, SC Wed Apr 28, 2010

I don't plan to buy for another 6-8 months, but I am unsure when I need to obtain a Realtor or buying agent. I am located in the Rock Hill/Ft. Mill area. Also, does anyone have any connections with new construction negotiations?

Answers

4
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Apr 28, 2010
Ron as a buyer you will definately want someone looking out for your best interests especially if you are looking at new construction. you should be able to find an expereinced buyer broker who will work on your behalf at no additional cost to you, they get paid their fee through the listing broker of what is posted in mls. This way you have someone to assist you through each step of the buying process, assist you with negotiations and getting you the best deal possible. The listing agent is looking out for the seller, not you. With new construction they can assist you with getting more for your money including fee or reduced upgrades. good luck with your purchase
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu May 6, 2010
A buyers agent won't cost you a penny and it is important to have someone watching out for your best interests in a real estate transaction. They can help you navigate the complicated process, help you establish comps so you know what you should expect to pay on certain homes, can help you arrange showings, and more. Interview some agents and see who you seem to work best with. You can find many great agents here on Trulia!

Richard Schulman
The Stephen…, Agent, Rock Hill, SC
Thu May 6, 2010
Yes and the stephen cooley team can assist you.
Linda S. Cef…, Agent, Franklin, WI
Wed Apr 28, 2010
If you do your research in finding a good agent, he/she should be meeting with you now. You should be meeting with a lender if you haven't already done so. Both will be able to guide you through the process. If you haven't met with a lender, you never know what might be hiding in your credit report. You need to find out right away, so that if there are any issues, you can get them resolved.

A good agent should not mind working with you regardless of how long it takes. If you commit to them, they will commit to you!!!

Wish you the best. Let us know how it turns out.

Linda
Web Reference:  http://www.lindacefalu.com