I visited Saw Creek Estates recently and found it very nice to live. However, some residents seemed upset with the lack of respect is this true????

Asked by Rlp077, West Palm Beach, FL Tue May 14, 2013

Answers

37
Stan, Both Buyer And Seller, Bushkill, PA
Fri Mar 28, 2014
I live in the area, not saw creek, but in a near by community. Bushkill/Saw Creek is faaaaaaar from dangerous and/or rittled w/ crime...lol...
I moved from NJ to PA so I know a troubled area or two and beleive me, Bushkill/Saw Creek is not a bad place to live. I am originally from Paterson, NJ and my wife was originally from Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY. We consider ourselves experts when it comes to identifying high crimes, gangs, and under performing schools. The school system in the area is pretty good. The schools offer alot of clubs, activites, scholastics, and sports. Everyone has a right to their opinion. It doesnt matter where you live, in todays world there is crime and troubled youth, but those kids and their parents are easily identifiable. Do your own research. Rent before you buy, like I did. I lived in a couple places over a 5 year period before actually buying a house. I find it comical when I read some peoples posts and they make it sound like Saw Creek is comparable to Camden, NJ, South Philly, Newark, NJ, Compton, CA...lol...
We have lived in Saw Creek Estates for over 7 years with young kids. We have never had any safety issues or felt unsafe. Nor do we know anyone who has had a problem. Saw Creek is a community of almost 3000 homes. In any community of that size there will be some crime but it is not a problem in Saw Creek.
Flag Wed Jan 3, 2018
this was so helpful. Im from the areas of Brooklyn nyc and West and North Philadelphia. until you have visited those areas lol you havent seen anything! My family and I are electing to rent first.
thank you so much your input was very helpful.
Flag Mon Aug 21, 2017
Thank you for your honesty, because we have similar positive experiences....I think some folks are just sour.....this is a beautiful environment to live in; however, we watch our backs here, the same way we would in the Bronx, in Newark where we worked, and in central Jersey....I don't trust any community no matter how nice it is!
Flag Fri May 12, 2017
thank you this is also helpful I live in Jersey CIty and work in Manhattan, You dont know CRIME tll you've lived here...
Flag Mon Feb 20, 2017
I live in Jersey City and work inNYC....I need a place to go forPEACE. I keep reading all this bad stuff. What do you think about it these days? Do they really kill all the deer :( ? yeah, I'm one of those
Flag Sat Jan 28, 2017
thanks fir that info. i want to move to poconos. and saw creek because of great house prices. i am fine with diversity . are there really gangs in a gated community though? this seems crazy isnt there security patrolling the property? i plan on renting for a while like u you said before buying .. great advice!!
i too am from nj near Paterson(yuck) i know ghetto dangerous.. i cant picture saw creek like that
Flag Fri Mar 28, 2014
Stan, Good post and great advice.
If you read from the beginning of this thread what I said in my first few posts is what I actually experienced when visiting Saw Creek Estates.
That is EXACTLY the element I saw gathered at the clubhouse the day I was there. It felt like I was in Camden, South Philly, Harlem etc. After seeing that I talked to a few homeowners from saw creek and the surrounding area and was told about the crime and the element living there. I researched myself and found murders, rapes, assaults and drug dealing to be high in that area. After seeing what I saw the few times I was there this news didn't surprise me at all. Also, the Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg areas were close to as bad. I bought land and built a home in the Lords Valley area in pike county and never regretted that decision. I have no reason to make any of this up. I am NOT trying to sell anything. Anyone relocating should always do as Stan said, research and if possible rent before buying.
Flag Fri Mar 28, 2014
YOUVE BEEN H…, , Assawoman, VA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Appalled, Really? My agenda? There is a simple answer to that... Unlike YOU I don't have one. Someone asked a question and I answered it. There were people buying homes in there for the purpose of growing marijuana and were caught. Are you going to deny this? There has never been arrests for assault or burglary in saw creek? Are you going to deny this as well? I have not lied about anything I said. In fairness, I was there 2 times about 5 years ago, maybe things have changed there I wouldn't know. We drove in and the mob in front of the clubhouse reminded me of Harlem, NY. If that offends someone I'm sorry. The agent showing me around who I will not name said "This isn't whitey town" and chuckled. I have NO Reason to make any of this up. This was my experience and I shared it. I didn't realize Bushkill was in Pike, I thought it was in Monroe. The part of Pike I was referring to is the Milford, Lords Valley area. And before you call me a racist (Which I Am NOT) I will add that the community I lived in and still have a home in is made up of different nationalities and races. No assaults, No burglaries, No problems what so ever. Like I said... a very different element. I was there 5 years ago and got the same no respect vibe. Ask the people who live there and said that... if they could sell and live somewhere else, would they? I'll bet the answer would be, In a Minute!
YOUVE BEEN H…, , Assawoman, VA
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Jennifer (Below) and myself have NO vested interest and have NO reason to lie. If you are interested in saw creek or the surrounding area PLEASE read this entire page and YOU be the judge. I presented documented FACTS, the people who are trying to sell (either agents or flippers) have given NOTHING to prove their point other than their word. Who do YOU trust? "Follow Your Dream" but not if it leads you to the gates of HELL!!!
YOUVE BEEN H…, , Assawoman, VA
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Let me start by saying, I'm sure you are a very competent and hard working company. I am NOT bringing what you do in to question and I understand I must be a thorn in your side. That being said, I stand by my response to Rip077's question. I have honestly presented my saw creek experience and a few documented facts (I can present more if you like) in response to the question. Now, on to your last response.

First, the crime was IN not Outside of saw creek estates as you claim.

The man's home was burglarized previously by the same people who the second time killed him in front of his daughter according to the facts "IN SAW CREEK ESTATES". Taken Directly from the Pocono Record: "A Pike County judge sentenced convicted murderer Marquis Keeys to two consecutive life terms plus 13 to 47 years in state prison for the August 2007 fatal shooting of Barry Rose in Saw Creek Estates, Lehman Township." -- "According to testimony, Keeys, a Blood gang member, and Crip gang members Harinarain and Culver illegally entered the Rose residence in Saw Creek Estates on the early morning of Aug. 24, 2007, to steal guns. The three men — armed and masked — got in through a side basement window that Harinarain broke during a prior burglary. They found Rose's daughter, Danielle Rose, 24, home and awake at the time. They forced her upstairs and had her knock on her father's bedroom door to wake him. Barry Rose answered the door with a gun in his hand, saw Keeys and shot at him. Keeys shot back, killing Rose, and then fled the house with Harinarain and Culver."

So you're saying the crime was OUTSIDE of the gated community of saw creek estates?

Second, the crime stats are NOT for ALL of Bushkill they are for SAW CREEK ESTATES. We are not discussing ALL of Bushkill, we are discussing SAW CREEK ESTATES. Those stats clearly show the community of SAW CREEK ESTATES is ABOVE THE STATE AVERAGE in Assault Risk and Burglary Risk and to be quite honest, I wouldn't want to live in a community that has a Property Crime Risk of 94 a Rape Risk of 41 and a Murder Risk of 24. Do YOU live in saw creek? No, You live on Long Island.

All I ask is for EVERYONE to just be honest and let people know what they are getting them self's into. But I guess if you did that you wouldn't be in business very long, at least in saw creek estates anyway. Maybe YOU should look into the Milford, Lords Valley area for better business opportunities. I hope this is the last comment I have to make about Saw Creek!.... I need to take another bath now!!
This place is a rip off . If your planning on buying a house I'm warning you they charge even if you try to rent your house out on air bnb . And if you call public safety the phone will keep ringing for a minimum of 5 minutes before anyone answers. And there supposed to be the cops in the community. By then a person will be dead by the time they get to you . Please consider a different community. My mistake was buying in this community. They fined me $2500 and when I called for a explanation on why I got fined that high a lady by the name of Jessica that runs the place in the main office says to me I will explain after you pay it. How does a person pay something that they don't know what for. Then she hangs up in my face. The worst customer service I ever dealt with .
Flag Sat Sep 16, 2017
That was sawcreek but outside the gates witch they own.
Flag Mon Jul 10, 2017
Who the frack wrote this?!!?! FIRST off, you bring up L.I.???!! Let me tell you, I lived 29 years on L.I. before I moved to B'kill, and L.I. and B'kill are the same, as in, there are parts of both where you can get mugged, shot, raped, and car-jacked, and then there are places in each area that are very, very, safe. Honestly, as a whole, Bushkill, is safer than L.I.. About you: You are like a lot of the country who think L.I. isn't that big of a place and not much going on there besides a haunted house, (btw) 112(118) Ocean Ave Amityville is NOT haunted, just that MURDERS happened there. But it was an upper middle class domestic issue committed by a disgruntled son who was White, so therefore that didn't make it a bad area in 1975. No, what made Amityville a bad area was all the black folks that moved in north of Montauk Hwy in the 80's! Sure, THAT was it lol!! Don't talk about places you haven't spent a considerable amount of time in like you are the Mayor's wife! `Thos, Bushkill
Flag Sun Feb 26, 2017
Mrstude42.....please do your homework, as you attempt to "clear things up" my son was not the one who "set the whole thing up". Mr. Rose was my husband and my son was a teenager who went to school with one of the murderers end of story. Do your homework before you attempt to smear my son's good name. Do not hide behind the internet to victimize the victims of a crime. Thank you.
Flag Wed Jan 18, 2017
I live in Saw Creek Estate and just to clear things up I live on the road behind where all this happened at. Just so you know the son was the one who set the whole thing up and Mr. Rose was a retired Cop and we live on the outside of the gate to the community. The crime in our development is not what's being reported and if you really needed the information you could have went to the security office to get the report if this was the place you wanted to live at. That's what I did before I moved here.
Flag Thu Aug 4, 2016
Great Answer. I live in this hell hole and when I can I am getting the hell out of here.
Flag Mon Jan 11, 2016
I'm interested in renting a house in this area. Because, hey, these Pocono areas have fabulous looking large houses, that are relatively dirt cheap to rent. (I'm looking to rent for a year or two first, to see if the "country life " will work for me. ) My kids are grown, so I don't care about schools, or "influences" on children. However, I don't want to be any less secure than I feel in my native Staten Island. So my first question is this:
Has anything major happened there since? I mean, 2007? Seems to me that this kind of thing can happen anywhere. So is this a fair assessment?
Personally, I am a bigot, I'm not ashamed to say so. I'm no more racist than the average black man, and moreover, refuse to accept he double standard that insists that it's perfectly fine to be Black and openly Sharpton/Farrakan anti-white, but it's wrong to be white and knowledge the apparent, and historical demographics of crime statistics! So How gang infested and ghettoized are the Poconos?
Flag Wed Jul 31, 2013
dolores_hami…, Home Owner, East Stroudsburg, PA
Wed Jan 7, 2015
Saw Creek is a lovely woodland community but the board of directors is on a mission to kill the deer, who they say are overcrowding the community. So if you are comfortable living with the sound of gunfire and with the antics of a board of directors who have a personal agenda, then this is the place for you. Me? I'm moving as soon as possible. If I wanted politics, I'd move to Washington DC.
Why not use your real name.
Flag Mon Nov 13, 2017
Jennifer Riv…, Home Buyer, Dingmans Ferry, PA
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Crime is everywhere LOL selling something or do you happen to live there hence insulted. Trulia listed the crime index and WOW it was nearly triple the amount from where I was presently living. I don't do backwards, I strive for better especially when it concerns my family, the schools they will be attending - yeah check out the school rating for that area LOL wow its horrible.
How good can your current school system be ... punctuation, beginning and ending sentences seems to be difficult for you. People, consider the source of information when making your decision.
Flag Wed Aug 19, 2015
I own a home in NYC and also one in Saw Creek Estates. When I first moved up here, I was shock to see the prices were so reasonable. I guess I was so used to NYC prices. I told my friends and two of them also brought homes right after I did. They too, were so amazed at the value they got and are very happy. I travel quite frequently to Saw Creek almost every weekend and stay at least 3 weeks in the summer. I can say for sure that it is a wonderful community with lots of amenities. Check out their website for all the great facilities they have. They have a really nice gym with indoor tennis courts and a racquetball court. Believe me, I grew up a gym rat and their facilities are well kept. Can you believe that they even have their own ski slope? That's a four seasons community! People in general are very nice. The folks that run this place are very professional. This community is relaxing and pretty safe to me. Try a rental unit for a few days and form your own opinion.
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
click on trulia on my house, 5002 wickes rd. bushkill, pa. 18324 and click on crime it is zero and has been since 1995 when I escaped from the sewer n.j. I am selling my home due to arthritis, bad, I have 1.60 acres. saw creek is very nice but people are people and you can be friends with everyone or be private and live a wonderful life, sonny
Flag Thu Sep 12, 2013
YOUVE BEEN H…, , Assawoman, VA
Sun Jun 2, 2013
"As investors, we seek only the most desirable communities" Really?
Are you sure it's not about the prices of building lots and profit margin?

Anyway.... Everyone is lying except you.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=n…

Crime stats on the right
http://homes.point2.com/Neighborhood/US/Pennsylvania/Pike-Co…
Things seem to have changed a great deal since you were here...sorry your experience was so negative. We love it here on Saunders Drive...
Flag Fri May 12, 2017
YOUVE BEEN H…, , Assawoman, VA
Sat Jun 1, 2013
I am NOT a real estate agent. I am someone who lived in PA for 3 years. I lived and still have a home in Lords Valley, PA. I looked at Saw creek when I was buying in PA. My advice is RUN don't walk from saw creek. Not a good element there and crime. Follow your instinct, when you get a vibe you don't like walk away. The agents on here are trying to sell, they will leave out the negative and focus on the positive. When I drove through saw creek estates and saw the element hanging around in front of the clubhouse it reminded me of a ghetto. Some streets are nice with well kept homes and other streets are dirty looking. There were break in's, burglaries, drug and assault crimes in saw creek and the surrounding area. Go a little north to Pike county and you will see the difference. Again I have NOTHING to lose or gain by telling you this. It would be nice if EVERYONE just spoke the truth when asked a question.
I presently live in saw creek estates and i would not ask anybody to move in here, i am trying to get out myself, the people living here are okay, it is the association, hence boar of directors who you must watch, they think they own everything in here even your decisions over your family. they will block the entry of your family member specifically those living with you only because they think that you probably don't want them in your house.not that you told them, but that they think. they will give you a citation if you own a few cars and a few gate cards (fob keys) and you use one of those fob keys to let in one of your other car. their hearings are one sided, meaning you will never win a case with them, hearings is just a formality to them you are guilty before you present your case. If it wasn't for the board of directors this woul have been a nice place, but they are wolves with no respect their securities are worst like police in New York. they together with the Board are crazy
Flag Tue Sep 20, 2016
Flag Tue Sep 20, 2016
Follow Your…, Agent, East Stroudsburg, PA
Sat Jun 1, 2013
We, too, are confused by what you mean when you say, "lack of respect". We are a residential redevelopment company. We buy houses in need of a little TLC and turn them into Dream Homes at affordable prices. Of all the communities we've looked into within the Poconos, Saw Creek Estates is our favorite place! It is a wonderful community with lots of amenities. We've found the staff and the residents to be quite friendly. Our buyers also love the community. As stated below, respect is indeed a two-way street.
glad you are in the business of selling homes in saw creek, but we hope you are not selling to investors. that is the biggest problem we face right now. investors have bought up the houses at low prices, and then rent them out as party houses, with no consideration for the neighborhood. management doesn't do anthing to regulate the short term rentals. the general manager has bragged publicy that saw creek is a 4-season vacation/resort community. what a slap in the face to homeowners who want to live here peacefully.
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
Commandready, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Fri Jun 2, 2017
I owned a home in saw creek for 11 years. Diversity yes. Never, ever was I threatened by crime or intimidated in any way. Yes there seems to be a older rental section (front gate) which can have a pool,clubhouse that seems diverse, maybe intimidating & overcrowded to some. I lived in the newest phase ( back gate) & our clubhouse sometimes was empty, when it was crowded it was diverse. I see the posts & not everyone can afford to live in luxury counties of NJ or NY or CT. My house was a great value and the only bummer was foreclosures which drove my sale price of my home down quite a bit from my 2004 purchase price. My loss is the new owners gain as pricing has finally stabilized. Where else in the country can you buy a lightly used new construction 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath , 2 car garage home with a backyard of wilderness for sub $140K. My family spent time in the community, in its ski slopes, in its pools & at Top of the World. Additionally the Delaware river was sometimes empty, a far cry from the overcrowded jersey shore. Except for someone's idea of killing off 90+% of the nice deer , my experience in my area of Saw Creek was exceptional. We now live in Colorado, which was a dream come true as my new home, which exceeds all my expectations has taxes lower than almost anywhere, if you want good value, seek Saw Creek & buy a newer home in back gate area.
yes it WAS lovely here and we also were starled when over 400 deer where killed so that some people could plant non-native plants and deer wouldn't eat them. sounds like you were lucky to move to Colorado, just in time, because recently saw creek is a short term rental nightmare. party houses galore. investors bought up properties, and now rent them out via Airbnb, VRBO or Home Away, and to hell with the neighbors who live here full time. management does nothing to stop this. won't even increase the rental fees. and the general manager brags about how saw creek is a 4-season vacation/resort community! that's a slap in the face to homeowners who didn't realize they were living in Disneyland!
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
tysm
very helpful
Flag Mon Aug 21, 2017
Michelle Gar…, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Sun May 21, 2017
Hi I have had a vacation home is Saw Creek since 2014. I love the area and the development is very peaceful. With that I would like to say the we did get robbed in January 2017 along with 5-6 other homes in a three day period. The person who did it was a residence of Saw Creek that had just gotten out of jail. He was apprehended and now he's back in jail. That was the only problem we have ever had here in all the timne we've lived here that we know about. The only "gang" we have ever seen are the school kids getting off the bus at the front of the community. We have NEVER seen gangs here or gang behavior. I have never been afraid to walk around here at night, and in spite of the robbery to our home, we love it here.
bombardier19…, Renter, Bushkill, PA
Tue Jul 8, 2014
I lived in Saw Creek estates from 2010-2014. It is a terrible development. If you love loud mexican music playing all day and night you'll just love it. My neighbor did this and she spoke like a low class Mexican that she was, all the kids hung out there. Hell even the brother in law ran outside shooting a gun in the air because of the wonderful kids attacking their home. I finally left and gave them the middle finger as I left. I am now in a 55+ no kids community in NJ. If you want crime and homies all over the place you will just love Saw Creek Estates
There is a website and a facebook page dedicated to this kind of thing. TakeBackSawCreek is the facebook page, http://www.TakeBackSawCreek.org is their web page. Yes the community is that bad.
Flag Thu Oct 19, 2017
2017 update. and now with the addition of unrestricted party houses and weekend rentals, it's gotten worse! management does nothing.
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
I pray that element is no longer here....we adore our home.
Flag Fri May 12, 2017
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Do your research. Crime is every where, however not at all as high as any major inner city. I would just stay away from those little communities, like Rustic acres, in a renting situation.
yes! saw creek has turned into an investor's paradise, who then rent out the homes. to hell with the homeowners who pay dues, that seems to be the motto
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
saw creek has it's own security and pa. troopers who don't take crap from anyone
Flag Wed Sep 11, 2013
Thu Jun 20, 2013
Stay away from Greedy realtors. Its Gang Infested. Google Gangs in the Poconos. You will be mortified.
:( I see this is 4 yrs old....is it still that bad? Im in NJ and need getaway from concrete jungle.Is there ANY nice parts of Bushkill or Dingman or Milford SIGH. ThanksCJ
Flag Sat Jan 28, 2017
Littleboy1203, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Sat Sep 9, 2017
I see this is an old post from 2013, but things have changed for the worse in Saw Creek. Short term rentals have become the norm and even management brags that Saw Creek is "Air B and B" friendly. Look out homeowners. Soon you will the last remains among investment properties.
Go check out TakeBackSawCreek.org they also have a facebook Page called TakeBackSawCcreek
Flag Thu Oct 19, 2017
Xsttitch, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Wed Jan 13, 2016
There is not respect concerning the wildlife. They did a deer cull and killed 300 deer in 2015. They plan on another cull very soon. If you move her for peace and quiet and the love of nature you will not find it in Saw Creek. The Board of Directors are a total nightmare. Our dues are not up to $1,600 a year. The increase was to pay for the deer cull. You never see a deer any longer. The head of the board runs this place life a nazi concentration camp.
Xsttitch, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Tue Jan 12, 2016
You are very accurate with that statement. This is the worse place to live. They did a deer cull and killed 300 deer. Some of the deer were only 6 months old and some of the does were pregnant. They claimed it was because the deer were sickly. That is far from the truth. The truth of the matter is that the Beautification Committee wanted their flowers and of course that is what deer do. They eat flowers.

The board of directors is a total waste especially the so called president in my opinion. This place is ran like a nazi concentration camp. If I could leave tomorrow I would.

I would not recommend anybody to live here.
Orville12, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Thu Dec 17, 2015
http://www.poconorecord.com/article/99999999/NEWS/711300349

The above talks about a gang presence in Saw Creek Estates.

I used to live there between 1988 and 2002, I had a house on Byfield Court build by KMR.

I sold my home for $220,000 in 2002 and notice, when going through real estate properties for sale in Saw Creek that the home values in the community went down DRAMATICALLY!

I also remember, over the years I lived there, that the Top of the World burned down not once but twice! Very suspect.
you are so lucky to have made the great escape from saw creek. 2017, it's gotten worse with all the party houses and no regard for the homeowners who live here full time. and the restaurant continues to be a losing proposition. :(
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
Xsttitch, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Wed Nov 11, 2015
It use to be a wonderful place to live but that has changed. You have a board of directors that are power crazy with the exception of maybe 2 people. The place as most of us call it is a Nazi concentration camp. You cannot express any thoughts or ideas or else you are banned. This happened to me and my husband. People are selling their homes and leaving.
They did a deer cull this year and and you don't see any wildlife any longer except for the birds. The dues are not $1472.00 and going up another $100.00 next year. The reason is the deer cull cost $45,000.00 and they are over budget.
If you love the Poconos look outside of any community.
xstitch@ptd.…, Home Buyer, East Stroudsburg, PA
Thu Jun 5, 2014
Saw Creek is a beautiful place to live except you have a Board and every one of them is power crazy. Our dues keep rising and God forbid you ask questions about the budget. Now they want to hire sharpshooters and kill our beautiful deer. What will be next, ,maybe the raccoons, groundhogs, squirrels and some birds. Most of us are totally disgusted in this place. One foreclosure after another and the homes have not value. Please look outside of the community before you invest in Saw Creek
YOUVE BEEN H…, , Assawoman, VA
Wed Mar 26, 2014
Myself and the others who commented about the element and the crime are NOT making this up. Anyone can say anything. Check the facts, research this place and the area and you will see who is being truthful here. Do your homework before buying a home ANYWHERE... We all work hard for our money, invest wisely. The three most important words in real estate are Location, Location, Location!!
@Sonny
I'm a nut? You're selling your beautiful home in beautiful Saw Creek Estates where there is NO crime, your neighbors are pleasant and respectful and life is wonderful, because of arthritis? You seem to be typing pretty well. Maybe you should re-think your decision and stay in the most beautiful, crime free place in PA..... Saw Creek Estates! I stand by my previous posts.
Flag Thu Mar 27, 2014
you are crazy, click on my house and click crimes, there are zero crimes. you are the nut
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
Wed Jun 5, 2013
Final Fact Clarification: LOCATION

This event did not take place INSIDE the gated community. If you look at the location of the home in the news story on a map, you will see that this particular street is located OUTSIDE the gated portion of Saw Creek. It is off Wickes Road. We have been on that street which is freely accessible, as any other public roadway in any non-gated neighborhood. Technically the dozen or so homes in that area are members of Saw Creek, in that they have access to all of the amenities, however, they are not located inside the gate and visitors to those homes can come and go without having to pass through the security check, again, just as in any non-gated community.

Fact Clarification: DEMOGRAPHICS

The link you provided regarding demographics is by zip code. In bold blue lettering at the top of the data it clearly states "Demographic data by Zip Code". Saw Creek is primarily in Bushkill, although, technically, a small section of a few blocks protrudes into East Stroudsburg.

Now that the facts are clearly defined, I will be exiting this discussion.
Mon Jun 3, 2013
With all due respect, to clarify what what we do.., our company is not all about the bottom line profit. We don't purchase empty lots. We buy existing homes in the need of a little updating, and we turn them into Dream Homes, which we sell at an affordable price. While making dreams come true for the families who purchase our homes, we stimulate the local economy and do good for the community in the process.

I'd like to firstly thank you, A.A. for taking the time to prove my point. You've pointed out, in your link, one news item, which we were very familiar with, that took place six years ago, OUTSIDE of the the gated community, Unfortunately, in today's world, no community, gated or otherwise, has a 100% rating. The statistics you posted are precisely the ones we reviewed when we researched the area. The overall rating of criminal activity throughout the entire zip code of Bushkill is 35% LOWER than the national average! Violent crimes are more than 75% below the national average. And, when you consider that these are the statistics for all of Bushkill, which includes homes outside of gated communities, they are extraordinarily low. Now, consider further how much lower these statistics must be inside the gates of a secure community, where one must first check in at the gate with ID after being called in, in advance, by an owner offering their personal address as a destination for a visitor, and providing a security password.

We stand by Saw Creek as our choice as an ideal location for us to work, just as the realtors below have chosen it as their desired place to live.
The place is a hell hole. Do not buy into this community. It is ran like a nazi concentration camp and now the dues have been increased again. We pay $1,600 a year for nothing. They raised the dues so they had the money for another deer cull. This is the second one. They killed this year 300 deer and some were only 6 months old and some of the does were pregnant. They distributed the deer to Bushkill Outreach Pantry and the meat was not inspected. Dave Martin made a statement the reason he deer were killed was because they were sickly yet you give to a panty???? The head of the board in my opinion is devious and vicious and needs to be removed before further damage can be done in the place.
Flag Mon Jan 11, 2016
Sun Jun 2, 2013
Wow... I am appalled by what this person is writing about this lovely community when they have visited only once and have never lived there. I simply don't comprehend their agenda.

We have never experienced, what A.A. claims to be a "ghetto element hanging out in front of the clubhouse" nor anywhere else in the community, nor have we ever witnessed any signs of such. Our experience has been of a friendly community where inhabitants out for a stroll, smile and wave as we drive past. We've even been invited into the neighbor's homes for a chat when they've seen us looking at the house next door.

A.A. further goes on to instruct the reader to go further north to Pike County. To again illustrate how little this person knows about the community, Saw Creek IS located in Pike County!

As investors, we seek only the most desirable communities. Yes, there are communities in Pa, as in every other state, where gangs and drugs thrive. Again, as investors, it would be completely illogical for us to risk working in such areas, as we would have to deal with our personal safety on the jobsite, our projects being vandalized, and then having to show a property to potential buyers in the midst of criminal activity. It is good business practice for us to limit our projects to the most desirable areas, where we and our projects are safe, and where buyers feel a nice sense of community. Think about it... would it make sense for us to invest in a property that we couldn't sell?

There are plenty of resources for checking into the demographics of a community, including criminal activity. We have done our due diligence in this regard and that is why we have chosen this community in which to specialize. Furthermore, two of the most recent responses are from realtors who have chosen to live in Saw Creek Estates! What more glowing endorsement can you get than those of Realtors, who, on a daily basis, do nothing but visit communities and can have their pick of the cream of the crop of houses to buy, and they have chosen to reside in Saw Creek?

In summation, I advise that one perform their due diligence before buying any home in any community in any state, and make a commitment only when your head and your gut instinct are in alignment with one another, and you feel right about the purchase.
I have LIVED in the community for 4 years now. Of course you don't see any crime in Saw Creek, just like the gangs don't see a problem with selling drugs. The place was nice, Section 8 housing is destroying what is left of the community. The house next door to me was robbed, the next house was vandalized. The community president is a realtor, but he has no conflict of interest here, really?
I'm starting a class action lawsuit against the community, I was told I was buying into a PRIVATE community, not the projects. I bet all the same statements have been made about Pocono Country Place, please tell me how this is going to be different. Yeah, if your from a bad city area let me give you a hint why you don't see any crime here. They don't hang on the corners out here, we give them their own houses in beautiful crime free Saw Creek.
Flag Tue Apr 12, 2016
Michele M. C…, , Sciota, PA
Sun May 19, 2013
Michele Clark, Realtor

What do you mean by "lack of respect"? Can you elaborate on this by giving an example or two!

I have always been taught that "Respect" is a two way street; if you are respectful, you will be respected.

I am a Realtor and a full time homeowner resident in Saw Creek Estates for 29 years and I have the highest regards for this Community and all the people that make this Community what it is.
Laura Gehl, Agent, Clifton Township, PA
Tue May 14, 2013
Laura Gehl, Agent, Pa.

That’s a very tricky question. It depends what you mean by “Respect” If you could explain what you mean by this word I would be happy to answer your question.
I lived in Saw Creek for quite some time and was very happy there.
Please feel free to contact me via e-email at gehll4@yahoo.com to discuess this further.
Thank you
Sorry for the confusion. After chatting with some various age people around VIP and TOP it seems even though security is visually apparent at Saw Creek,
rules are not followed around pools, vip, after school, is questionable area for rude behavior dismissed by security. I need to know if you find the area is now declining in a rental/ government housing condition.

Thank you for your opinion and reply
Flag Wed May 15, 2013
Jerseyfriends, Home Buyer, East Stroudsburg, PA
Sun Jan 14, 2018
Yes, it is nice to live here! Been living in SCE for 13 years. Coming from the Bronx, this is a great place to raise kids. Lots of activities for all ages. I have good neighbors. Peaceful, well-kept amenities, community roads are well maintained all year round. Great place to retire!
Ryans300zx, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Sat Jan 6, 2018
I have 5 houses in saw creek 4 that I do vacation rentals and 1 that I live in and I never had any problems with saw creek plus I think the public safety does do a good job
Debra, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Oct 12, 2017
I cant believe communities like this that promote the beauty of nature and wildlife and now I learn the management kills the deer so that members plants aren't eaten? So glad I've done research, surely not the place for me.
Bryanmeneses1, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Sat Sep 16, 2017
Do not buy here Jessica is the worst person to deal with . Very disrespectful and rude. All she does is fine people and doesn't explain why . She will tell you I'll explain after you pay it and hang up in your face. They fine you for everything even if you try to rent your house on air bnb. Beware of this community. Crime and burglary rate is at a high .
Montaukrae333, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Sat May 6, 2017
ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE BEEN LOOKING TO PURCHASE A HOME IN SAW CREEK. MY HUSBAND'S FAMILY HAD A HOME IN SAW CREEK ON BRENTWOOD DRIVE YEARS BACK IN THE LATE 80'S EARLY 90'S AND WE HAVE TREASURED MEMORIES OF WHAT WE CALLED THE "COUNTRY HOUSE" UNTIL THE HOME WAS SOLD.. NOW THAT MY CHILDREN ARE OLDER WE WANT TO BUY A VACATION HOME IN SAW CREEK AND MAKE NEW MEMORIES WITH OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN. I AM JUST A LITTLE CONCERNED ABOUT SOME OF THE COMMENTS PEOPLE WROTE ABOUT SAW CREEK. I DID NOTICED THAT SOME OF THE COMMENTS WERE OLD AND WANTED TO KNOW IF CURRENTLY THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH GANGS, DRUGS, ETC AND/OR THE BOARD? I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK. THANKS AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
yes the biggest problem here right now Sept 2017 is the short term rental issue. investors swooped in and bought houses for low prices, and rent them out for the weekends via Airbnb, VRBO or Home Away. they don't tell the renters about the rules for noise, garbage disposal, or general respect of the neighborhood. so large amounts of people rent the whole house for a weekend. that's why we call it party houses. we don't think there is a drug problem. but the board and management is ignoring this serious problem. the general manager even bragged that sawcreek is a 4-season vacation/resort community. that's an insult to the homeowners who live here, pay dues, and have to endure the problems created by short term rentals.
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
Michelle Tan…, , Bushkill, PA
Wed Jun 22, 2016
I bought a vacation home in Saw Creek Estates in 2013. We go every other weekend and stay for longer periods when we take vacation time. I love it there. I have never experienced any of the bad things anyone in this post is talking about. I feel very safe there, and have found the people in Public Safety, Members Services, and the community to be polite and very helpful.

Someone in this thread wrote "if you like loud Mexican music all day and night you'll love Saw Creek Estates" - I have NEVER heard loud "Mexican" music playing - I have heard music on the weekends when vacationers come and have fun with their families and play music (which is totally expected in a vacation community), but it has never been so loud that I have been bothered by it . I'm so happy with the community that we are considering buying another home there to use as a vacation rental income.
we're afraid you are mistaken. this is NOT a vacation community. it is a homeowner association, with people who live here FULL TIME. the amenities are for the homeowners and their invited guests. this is not a resort like Disneyland. people who buy and rent out their homes with no regard for the neighborhood are one of the causes of our community going downhill in property values. and good luck with your renters. maybe when they clog up your grinder pump or trash your property or make so much noise that you get a citation from public safety you'll realize your mistake.
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
mmgrado, Other Pro, Newark, NJ
Thu Jan 22, 2015
I have owned a vacation home in Saw Creek Estates for 5 years. I was concerned before purchasing having heard PA communities like Saw Creek can be a bad investment. However, our family feels this purchase was one of the best decisions we ever made. The board is strong but they are a dedicated group of educated people with strategic long range plans to continuously ensure Saw Creek remains one of the highest rated communities in the Poconos. Each year they invest time and money into updating common areas. There is always a great surplus in their budget which shows great management.

Residents are always updating their homes and it certainly isn't run down in any way.

I do love the deer and the last thing I would want is for them to be killed, however, there are too many and because people feed them they have become accustomed to getting very close to people. Last year several deer started surrounding my car and although it was amusing it was quite scary when they wouldn't leave and it wanted to back out. That said, I think something needed to be done about their overpopulation.

Finally, no one has mentioned "the falls" The falls, another community located within Saw Creek rents land from Saw Creek. They are all condos which are significantly lower in price than the detached homes of Saw Creek. They attract many renters with no pride of ownership, however, I never head loud music or see anything of concern. Residents of The Falls have their own pool and are not permitted to use Saw Creeks's many amenities so if you're not buying there, I wouldn't hesitate to take the plunge.

It's a beautiful community with a strong team of individuals managing it. I love it and hope to make it more than my vacation home in the future.
and regarding deer, they were here first! we encroached on their land, and we have to learn to co-exist with them, not the other way around.
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
we are worried about your comments "make it more than my vacation home". we hope you aren't going to become one of those homeowners who decides to rent out their home without regard for what your neighbors will have to endure. :(
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
You are afraid of the deer surrounding your car. That is totally crazy. They are harmless. I have lived here for 25 years and haven never been attacked or bitten. You never hear loud music.That is amazing since I hear it. The board are a bunch of Nazi's and power crazy. The Fall's are going for peanuts and falling aprart with renters and Sec 8's which is welfare. Most of us have our homes up for sale. I am one of them. You are in la la land.
Flag Wed Nov 11, 2015
Abeautysolut…, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Wed May 28, 2014
I hope not I am planning on buying a home here. They seem to be respectful at the gate. Does anyone no if they have garbage pick up at the home site or is it only at a dumpster on the property. Thanks Emily
Dumpster but for value and enjoyment in a world of safety... sawcreek is #1
Flag Mon Sep 1, 2014
Dumpster only and no mail delivery. You must pick up your mail where the garbage is. Lots of fun.
Flag Thu Jun 5, 2014
sonny hawkes, Renter, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Mar 26, 2014
lack of respect? what the heck are you implying. respect is earned. saw creek home owners love their development. we were voted #1 in the poconos.. what did you do that you deserved respect?
Your New Acc…, , 11756
Wed Mar 26, 2014
My wife and I have recently visited Saw Creek Estates and were pleasantly surprised! My family has been vacationing in SCE since 1998. You can't beat the close proximity to home (Long Island) and all of the amenities the development and the area have to offer. I realize the development went through a rough patch a few years back, but based upon our most recent visit for a long weekend, my wife and I were really impressed by the condition of the roads, the amenities and the quality of the food/service at Top of The World. There are a lot of nice houses available for very reasonable prices. Granted, a lot of them need work, but that is called opportunity in my book. I feel Saw Creek is up and coming. I think our renting days are over and it is time for us to buy. I believe in 5 years from now I will regret not buying in Saw Creek when we had the chance. It is one of the few developments that is financially solvent with millions in capital reserves. It's a great place for a young upcoming family to purchase a vacation home or empty nesters to buy and have family gatherings. I recommend going and checking it out for yourself; the views, the facilities and the AREA. There is so much to do. And "no" I am not a realtor, I am a financial accountant and my wife is a teacher LOL, we just love the place!
it's 2017 and the times have changed! short term rentals are causing loads of problems with the amenities, our roads, and for the homeowners who foolishly decided to rent their homes, there are problems with homes being trashed, noise from party houses, and guess who gets the citation?
Flag Sun Sep 10, 2017
It's beautiful in Saw Creek. We purchased a vacation home about 5 years ago and never once have we regretted it, in fact, we say that it was one of the best decisions we ever made. Common areas are constantly updated and the place looks better than ever. I've never seen any "gang" activity or anything mentioned earlier.
Flag Wed Aug 19, 2015
hello, i am inking about buying in saw creek estates. in general how is the place kept up?? pools,gyms,restaurant,,streets,entrance,etcetc...
there are bargains to be had there it seems! i read old posts saying is gang i fested , dangerous,etc.. is this still thcase?
Flag Thu Mar 27, 2014
sonny hawkes, Renter, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Sep 11, 2013
no everyone keeps to themselves, like they do in the city since 1995
Plenty of crime in Saw Creek. Five houses were destroyed recently. Look at the Pocono Record and read about it. Buy ourside the community. Much safer
Flag Wed May 14, 2014