I think the county has overvalued my house for taxes. I live in the Forrest Ridge area. Where to I look for a fair house value?

Asked by Iris, Huber Heights, OH Tue Sep 6, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Paul Mchone’s answer
Paul Mchone, , Beavercreek, OH
Wed Jul 10, 2013
I had the same issue. The county won't make a change to your evaluation without an appraisal from a professional, objective source. Contact some appraisal companies for the best price then take your appraisal and ask the county to reduce the valuation of your property accordingly. Just hope the independent appraisal is less than the county's!
0 votes
Dorothy Buch…, Agent, Dayton, OH
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Hello Iris

I am a realtor with Re/Max and live in Huber. e-mail me and I will get your information and do a comparable search on the Multiple listing service of homes sold. This would tell you if homes like yours are selling above or below what yours is tax appraised for. My e-mail is <dorothy.b@remax.net> I look forward to hearing from you
0 votes
Jan Vargo, Agent, Huber Heights, OH
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Check all the houses on your street and see if yours is valued higher than others. You can do this on the County web site - or call me and I can direct you further.

Jan Vargo, CRS
Coldwell Banker Heritage
6360 Brandt Pike
Huber Heights, OH 45424

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more