In My Neighborhood in 15317>Question Details

xlpang, Home Buyer in Canonsburg, PA

I relocated to Pittsburgh 3 months ago (in Sep 2011), and my husband and I are looking to purchase a single family house. I have a 3 year old son, so

Asked by xlpang, Canonsburg, PA Wed Dec 21, 2011

I have to think about schools while I'm house hunting. How do you rate Upper St Clair versus Peters Twp regarding a school-commute-property condition overall combination? And how is pre-school availability in Peters Twp especially 15317? Thanks.

Hi - my mother is listing her house in May at 123 Brookdale Circle McMurray PA 15317. It is a 4 bedroom house with a pool and great neighborhood. She raised 6 kids there and we all went to Peters Township schools. I liked the pre-schools especially in Peters that I live in Presto and actually sent my children to St. Davids Pre School in McMurray. Great pre-school and handled getting my children ready for a full day kindergarten in Chartiers Valley School District.
I would suggest that you find a real estate professional that you are comfortable with and he or she will help to provide the information that you need to make an informed choice for your family.
All the people in upper st clair, sold their houses in the 90's when taxes went up and moved to peters, then they passed so many ordances so as to raise their house prices that taxes went up to and equal to USC. Same people in both neighborhoods, about the same price houses. USC has the biggest high school in the area and bosts the best teachers. However, all the schools in western pennsylvania are good, maybe exept inner city schools. If you are willing to pay 8k in taxes a year you can get a lot of school. USC has the reputation of being snooty, now it's both usc and peters.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Consider working with an agent of your own, he/she will be your best guide. For school information see link.