I plan to buy a condo or tow rooms apartment near CSULB, does this area safy and value to buy? Rita

Asked by Rita, Eastside, Long Beach, CA Wed Nov 3, 2010

Answers

9
Richard Dask…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sun May 19, 2013
If you are like most buyers in 2010 and haven't bought yet, you really should do it now!
I've got a new listing at 424 Bellflower #302, Long Beach, for $325,000!
Lesley Harris…, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Tue Nov 9, 2010
Yes, its a fantastic time to buy. Interest rates are low 4.125% and home prices have dropped 30-40% - why pay rent when you can own. Try FHA 3.5% down?

Call me, I would love to help,
Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
Joe Mendez, Agent,
Fri Nov 5, 2010
Hi there, Rita East Side of Long Beach and by the University is a pretty safe neighborhood. If you are thinking of buying some property, a condo for example, there are a few good buys on this side of Long Beach. I have an investor I have been working with as of late and surprisingly there are several good buys.

The East of Long Beach also tends to maintain their value and will definitely increase a good amount when you stop to consider the affordable prices at the moment.

Please give me a call if you need any help. I would love to help you out
Web Reference:  http://www.joeLuisMendez.com
Gene Scott, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Thu Nov 4, 2010
Properties in East Long Beach, in my opinion, are well positioned to appreciate when this housing slump finally ends in the next year or two. The affordability index is at an all time high because prices are down and so are interest rates. There are many excellent condo complexes, from ones like Stoneybrook, but also many smaller ones where you may be able to get a really good buy right now. Your first step is to get approved for a mortgage, unless you are paying all cash. Give me a call and I can explain some of the different programs to you.

Best of luck on your search.

Gene Scott
ERA Buy USA
562-212-2345
Sindy Verdugo, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Thu Nov 4, 2010
You are getting good advise. Properties around Cal State Long Beach are located in good school districts and hold their value. You won't go wrong with an investment in that section of Long Beach.
Web Reference:  http://www.sindyverdugo.com
Shannon Jones, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Wed Nov 3, 2010
Hi Rita,
Definitely there are some nice condos near CSULB and the Long Beach Police Department keeps statistics by neighborhood, so it is easy to check crime statistics. If you're doing any searching online, feel free to visit my website (see below) where you can draw a boundary around CSULB exactly where you'd l ike to search. Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with!

Shannon Jones
562-896-2456
Web Reference:  http://www.ShowMeHome.com
Karen Miller, , Long Beach, CA
Wed Nov 3, 2010
Hi Rita,

I agree with Linda except that in Long Beach you should contact the Long Beach Police Dept, not the Sheriff for crime statistics. They will probobly give you more information than you would want.

There are many nice condo complexes near CSULB (my alma mater!). Stoneybrook is the first that comes to mind, and they have properties available now. There are quite a few other nice properties in the area also.

Are you working with a Realtor? If not, I would love to work with you.

Best of luck,

Karen Miller

Century 21 Beachside

(562) 756-4144
info@justsoldbykaren.com
Lourdrie McN…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Wed Nov 3, 2010
Rita,

There are some really nice condo's around CSULB, do you have any one helping you at this time. I work in the Long Beach area and it would be my pleasure to help you. You can reach me at 562- 879-9677 or email me at loubandb@ca.rr.com.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Lou McNamee
Coldwell Banker
Web Reference:  http://www.loubandb.com
Linda Lorenzo, Agent, McKinney, TX
Wed Nov 3, 2010
You need to check your local sheriffs site for crime rates, etc. You can also check for sex offenders. Hopefully you have a realtor because they can help you with the values for the area. You need an expert to assist you and this is why we are here. Good luck to you.