I need to find out the market value of a condo in Uptown on January 4, 2002 and on November 15, 2006. How would you recommend I find this info out?

Asked by lakesideplace71, 60640 Tue Oct 23, 2012

Answers

7
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Going back 10 yrs to provide a specific market value is very difficult. A Realtor can likely do this for you.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Those are very specific dates. Perhaps check the tax records to see if the unit sold on or near those dates or have an agent do a market analysis (CMA) for the unit based on those dates, but that might be difficult for 2002.
Brady Miller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Which property are you referring to? Were there any transactions around those dates? If not, you could look at what similar condos in the area may have sold for around those dates -- that should help make a good estimate.
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Oct 29, 2012

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you looking to see how much the properties have declined?

Work with a Realtor or check the cook county records or go to city-data.com.

If you need help selling your place please feel free to reach out directly.

Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
I can do it for $350 or the ability to list your place for sale
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Get an agent that knows the area to pull up an archive search for you. They should be able to do a CMA on it from there.
Ivan Sagel, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 23, 2012
There is historical sales data available for all 77 of Chicago's defined community areas. What are you trying to accomplish?

Best of luck,
Ivan Sagel
312-515-7823
Ivan@atproperties.com