garcia_angel…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

I'm thinking of purchising a home on Ashfield Dr, right off of Richmond. How is this area in quitness/crime? Do people walk/jog the streets here?

Asked by garcia_angel2003, Houston, TX Thu Nov 15, 2012

You can go to and find out the statistic on neighborhood. Call us if you have any questions, Susan Collins-713-582-2255
Realtors cannot comment on whether an area is "safe," lest we be accused of "steering." Here's the link to the Houston crime stats by area ... it should help.

Homes are priced essentially by (1) location and (2) condition. The higher the price, the greater the demand for property in the area ... conversely, the less desirable the location (for whatever reason) the lower the price. In either case, it will cost more if the home is move-in ready and updated ... and if it needs work, the price will be adjusted accordingly.

You can get information about the schools in the area here ... ... TEA ratings should be there for every school ... you'd want to see Recognized or Exemplary. Academically Acceptable simply means that the school meets minimum standards ... not very encouraging.

Everything concerning real estate can be negotiated ... except where the home is. Major thoroughfares such as Richmond are certain to be busier and noisier than locations within subdivisions. I suggest you visit the area at several times of day, including rush hours. That should give you a better idea of what you can expect.

If I can help any further, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
Web Reference:
This area is in Alief and Alief ISD which is unfortunately not exactly known as crime free and the schools are not the best, but it is very affordable. That being said...other than the schools that are not the best I dont think anyone feels unsafe walking or jogging in the area. As you might imagine the closer you live to a major street like Richmond there will be some noise from traffic...etc... but otherwise probably no worse than anywhere else in town.

If you need to be semi close to town, this area is very affordable and close, but the Katy area is a bit safer and as affordabable...just a bit more of a commute in town